Law School Discussion

GW money begins!

GW money begins!
« on: February 21, 2008, 01:49:30 PM »
Just got an e-mail from GW Admissions saying they're first round of merit aid is being sent out tomorrow (Fri., Feb. 22)!!!

Thoughts?

GunnerDore

Re: GW money begins!
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 02:01:44 PM »
My thought is that I hope I get some of that fine money. G-dubs is a great school for IP and I'd be grateful for any way of reducing the cost.

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 02:06:29 PM »
I would also enjoy receiving said money.

« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 02:15:19 PM »
Do we have to have done the FAFSA for this or no?

Doubt it.  Merit awards are separate from the need-based.  However, it sort of sounds like they are giving out some need-based tomorrow, as well.

« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 02:24:57 PM »
Gunnerdore,

Looks like we're looking at most of the same schools.  As your name implies, are you favoring Vandy?  I think I'm heading for their ASD on March 14...

GunnerDore

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
Gunnerdore,

Looks like we're looking at most of the same schools.  As your name implies, are you favoring Vandy?  I think I'm heading for their ASD on March 14...

I'm a Vandy UG, actually, but I am seriously entertaining the thought of another three years in Nashvegas. I've got pretty strong ties to the area as well, having lived here all my life. I'm thinking of attending the ASD on the 14th as well, but we'll see how my thesis is shaping up at that point.

GunnerDore

« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 02:48:57 PM »
Gunnerdore,

I'm a Vandy UG, actually, but I am seriously entertaining the thought of another three years in Nashvegas. I've got pretty strong ties to the area as well, having lived here all my life. I'm thinking of attending the ASD on the 14th as well, but we'll see how my thesis is shaping up at that point.

Thinking about attending the ASW? All you have to do is drive/walk down the street!  ;) Most people have to fly in from around the country

Very true! But the thesis is a very demanding mistress. I may hit the one in April, as it's after the due date of the final copy of my thesis.

Side note: Do you think I could get a limo and write it off as "travel expenses?" Or what about a nice lunch at Ruth's Chris across the street?  :P ;D

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 03:00:46 PM »
I will definitely be stalking my mailbox for a scholarship offer over the next couple of days!

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 03:14:15 PM »
Just got an e-mail from GW Admissions saying they're first round of merit aid is being sent out tomorrow (Fri., Feb. 22)!!!

Thoughts?

Dear Stoney,

Did you receive the scholarship offer I sent you on November 30? I didn't hear from you so I was wondering if I sent it to the right address or if it got caught in your junk email folder.

Let me know?

Regards,
Steve Jones, Director of Admissions
Florida Coastal School of Law

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 03:24:43 PM »
I will definitely be stalking my mailbox for a scholarship offer over the next couple of days!

Wow, you can refrain yourself...I'll start intercepting the mailman!!