Law School Discussion

Is JDUnderground realistic

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
Is JDUnderground realistic
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:06:14 PM »
It seems as though every lawyer, well paid or unemployed, that posts over there is either massively depressed or jaded.  Is that all there is to look forward to, dreaming of defaulting on loans or smashing lower prestige auto insurance firms?

Re: Is JDUnderground realistic
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 09:47:57 PM »
It seems as though every lawyer, well paid or unemployed, that posts over there is either massively depressed or jaded.  Is that all there is to look forward to, dreaming of defaulting on loans or smashing lower prestige auto insurance firms?

I wouldn't call JDUnderground lawyers massively paid. They're generally contract or ttt attorneys. Lots of BLS / Seton Hall / Cardozo grads who won't leave the NY market.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 05:58:56 AM »
Heh, massively jaded not paid :P.  Some of them are well paid, under 100k but still reasonably, and they still want to default by escaping the US on a banana boat.

Quail!

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 06:06:10 AM »
Heh, massively jaded not paid :P.  Some of them are well paid, under 100k but still reasonably, and they still want to default by escaping the US on a banana boat.

When you're 150-200k in debt, being paid under $100,000 can be considered unreasonable (excluding those working in PI who get LRAP), unless you're a hermit who isn't married, has no kids, and no plans of owning property in your lifetime...

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2008, 06:15:26 AM »
fair enough.

« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2008, 09:06:06 AM »

When you're 150-200k in debt, being paid under $100,000 can be considered unreasonable (excluding those working in PI who get LRAP), unless you're a hermit who isn't married, has no kids, and no plans of owning property in your lifetime...

Seems like those guys actually lucked out recently, so they shouldn't be complaining.

Not that I'm that familiar with JDUnderground, but common sense tells me that lawyers who are happy with their jobs and their lives would be very unlikely to spend their time on forums. Now some miserable DocReview attorney might look to these forums to vent, find others in the same position, or temporarily escape his/her depressing life. Admittedly, this is somewhat of an oversimplification, but I think the general tendency is there.