Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Duke, are you afraid of bad news?  (Read 531 times)

playingthewaitinggame

• View Profile
Duke, are you afraid of bad news?
« on: February 20, 2008, 12:22:14 PM »
The application deadline was 2/15.  Lots of acceptances, but aside from a few PT ones, no waitlists or rejections.  Has any other school been holding out on delivering them this long?  What are they waiting for..?

BurtsBees

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Duke, are you afraid of bad news?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:50:37 PM »
The application deadline was 2/15.  Lots of acceptances, but aside from a few PT ones, no waitlists or rejections.  Has any other school been holding out on delivering them this long?  What are they waiting for..?

I know I'll get flamed since I'm already accepted to NYU and Michigan, but I'm confused that those with the same numbers as me are getting accepted already when we went complete around the same time.  This holds true for Virginia as well. 

futurelawstudent2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:17:24 PM »
I have pretty much written Duke off at this point... even if I was accepted, I don't know if I would pick them over Michigan or Northwestern (especially seeing the spouse will need to find a job or go to grad school wherever we land).

Duke is one of only 3 schools I have left to hear from (and one I have already heard initially and was deferred).
Accepted: Michigan, Northwestern, GULC, UCLA, Vanderbilt, WUSTL ($$$$), Boston University, Boston College ($$$), U Washington, William & Mary ($$), UC Hastings, Temple ($$$$) :)

Deferred: Harvard

Boo!: U Chicago, Berkeley, Yale

Pending: Everything else

GunnerDore

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:46:11 PM »
I'm not terribly worried. People around my numbers with Priority Track have mostly done pretty well. I didn't get the priority track, so I figure that's what's taking so long. I did write a pretty good "Why Duke" essay as well, so I'm not feeling too nervous. I did the best I could on my end.

playingthewaitinggame

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 05:38:17 PM »
haha, when I made this topic I actually meant it as "Duke, are you afraid of DELIVERING bad news"

but this new spin is just as good :) .  I am terribly afraid/concerned/crying as well :(