Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Opinions about DePaul?  (Read 1735 times)

CoxlessPair

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions about DePaul?
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2008, 01:42:17 PM »
Tag. I just got accepted with $54K and would love to know more. It's my first acceptance, but the money/city are very attractive options. Still waiting on Kent, Loyola...

Are you sure you wanna come up here to Chicago from Florida  ;)?  It's 11 right now and falling, windchill is in the negatives.  I used to live in Florida and I miss the warmth...but the cold does make you appreciate the summer more.

To everyone else though, DePaul's in Lincoln Park which is an awesome neighborhood.  Unfortunately, that's just about all the positive I can say about DePaul's law school.

DePaul Law is not in Lincoln Park. It is in the heart of the Loop, at Jackson and State.
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=jackson+and+state,+chicago+il&sll=41.882534,-87.627382&sspn=0.007013,0.014291&layer=c&ie=UTF8&ll=41.88132,-87.627382&spn=0.007013,0.014291&z=16&cbll=41.88248,-87.627825

Air Force JAG Corps

Freak

• Sr. Citizen
  • What's your agenda?!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - smileyill4663
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - smileyill
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2008, 01:43:03 PM »
Tag. I just got accepted with $54K and would love to know more. It's my first acceptance, but the money/city are very attractive options. Still waiting on Kent, Loyola...

Are you sure you wanna come up here to Chicago from Florida  ;)?  It's 11 right now and falling, windchill is in the negatives.  I used to live in Florida and I miss the warmth...but the cold does make you appreciate the summer more.

To everyone else though, DePaul's in Lincoln Park which is an awesome neighborhood.  Unfortunately, that's just about all the positive I can say about DePaul's law school.

Actually the ls is downtown @ Jackson & State. And those GPA you must maintain - well they award so many scholarships that the curve makes it impossible for everybody to keep them. In other words, they know for a fact that x students will lose the scholarship & probably more when non-scholarship students do well. Besides, you compete with part-time students who already know what they're doing & yes it helps to have already taken a ls exam.
Freak is the best, Freak is the best!  Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
I don't like calling you Freak, I'd rather call you  Normal Nice Guy.

UnoriginalAndrew

• Sr. Citizen
  • I found a Moonrock in my nose!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2008, 04:08:26 PM »
Oh yeah...the loop campus.  Woops.    :P     
I Choo-Choo-Choose you:  Boston College Law School, Class of 2011

Alecto

• Sr. Citizen
  • Class of 2011
    • AOL Instant Messenger - oceangirlUGA
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2008, 12:55:07 PM »
Just a couple of questions for those of you that got into DePaul with like 45k and 54k:
a) is that per year?
b) what sort of stats did you have?
c) when did you get your apps in that you have heard already?

SabrinaK

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2008, 03:20:11 PM »
a) 45k total..15 per year if I keep a 3.3
b) 165/2.7 (horrible I know) with URM status (native american)
c) I went complete in November and was accepted before Christmas...which I found really random.
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!