Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what to expect  (Read 414 times)

TNGA60

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
what to expect
« on: February 19, 2008, 06:19:31 PM »
I am not completely sure about how the status checker thing works in conjunction with receiving a accept/reject notification. The three schools I have applied to that have status checkers are Iowa, Georgia, and Ohio State.

My question is if my status checker changes how soon should I receive notification of their decision. Would I receive an e-mail that day? For example, I have seen on Law School Numbers that Iowa had sent e-mail for acceptances. If I do not receive an e-mail is this a sign of a rejection? Do some schools send e-mail at first and latter in the cycle send letters?

Thank you to anyone who can provide insight.

benr_roth

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: what to expect
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 06:36:40 PM »
What I can tell you for absolute certain is that the Iowa status checker basically doesn't have any use other than the fact that when you get it you know you are complete. So....basically whenever you get your Iowa decision it will just be out of no where.

3-Elle

• Sr. Citizen
  • I secretly love passive voice...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 08:31:48 PM »
For Ohio State your status checker will change to "Decision", and then usually they will call you to let you know if you're accepted. However, I got an e-mail acceptance instead of a call the day after mine went to decision, so it may be different this late in the cycle. I have two friends that have been accepted as well, one got a call and one just got an e-mail like me.
Emory 3L

Tegoyan

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 08:56:19 PM »
I believe the Georgia status checker (assuming you are talking about UGA and not GSU) will say if you are accepted/rejected/wait listed right there in the status checker.

Avicenna

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2008, 10:18:00 PM »
There was an Iowa status checker?
Interesting...didn't even know that.
Guess it doesn't matter now...(in).