Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GULC Waitlist(s)  (Read 4650 times)

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GULC Waitlist(s)
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 12:45:02 AM »
I sent in a LOCI snail mail a few days after I got WLed.  I don't think I'll send in another LOR, but I do know someone who is on the UG Board of Directors or whatever G'town calls it, so I might ask him to help.

Right now, Vandy is the best school I've gotten in to...but it's hard to say where I'd go with knowing what kind of $$ I'm gonna get (if any).  But all other things being equal, I'd go there.

I was accepted at both GW and Vandy as well but right now I'm leaning towards GW.

qwertyman

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2008, 11:28:37 PM »
Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened. I'm on the non-preferred waitlist, they basically said, "Don't hold your breath," and my numbers are 174/3.3 I know that's a splitter, but they've accepted lots of people with worse numbers than that. Maybe I insulted somebody on the adcom staff years ago and they're taking it out on me now...

Hoyahopeful

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2008, 04:06:43 AM »
I got on the "preferred preferred" waitlist.  It says "you are one of the first applicants we will contact in the event of an opening."  I am curious as to my chances.  Also, there is a hand written little personal statement on the bottom of the letter from Andrew Cornblatt.

stoney732

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2008, 02:33:20 PM »
I just withdrew from the GULC Preferred (but not super-secret Extra Preferred) WL after getting a big offer from Emory.  Couldn't justify spending almost 200K when I can go to school almost for free.  Good luck to everyone else!
Vanderbilt Law Class of 2011

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2008, 04:34:09 PM »
Even though I'm not on the preferred preferred list I really still hope I get into G-town. It's furstrating to have to wait until May to hear anything. There was a profile on lsn that had waitlisted,accepted. I thought G-town didn't start taking people off the waitlist until May or have they started sooner in the past?

K?

• Sr. Citizen
  • Do You Believe Her
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2008, 11:00:35 AM »
Yeah, I don't know what the hell happened. I'm on the non-preferred waitlist, they basically said, "Don't hold your breath," and my numbers are 174/3.3 I know that's a splitter, but they've accepted lots of people with worse numbers than that. Maybe I insulted somebody on the adcom staff years ago and they're taking it out on me now...

I'm on the non-preferred WL as well.  I read somewhere that actually, our chances aren't particularly worse than those on the preferred WL.
B < PL

Ms. Hedgehog

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2008, 11:01:32 AM »
Did anyone else get an email from GULC, asking if you are still interested? I want to know if this was sent to everyone on the waitlists, or just some people?

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2008, 11:20:12 AM »
Did anyone else get an email from GULC, asking if you are still interested? I want to know if this was sent to everyone on the waitlists, or just some people?

There's an entire thread about this.