Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Do financial aid offices let you know when you're "complete"?  (Read 255 times)

ShadWhitmore

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Do financial aid offices let you know when you're "complete"?
« on: February 19, 2008, 04:00:39 PM »
I just applied for financial aid at 11 schools (all t14). Do most financial aid offices let you know when you're "complete" (a la the admissions office complete notification)?

I'm worried I missed some document requirement and therefore won't meet the March 1/15 deadlines. (I'm asking on this board because it gets way more play.)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Do financial aid offices let you know when you're "complete"?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 04:21:12 PM »
I have a similar question. I'm finished with both NeedAccess.org and the FAFSA for all my schools. I have no idea when to expect packages from those I've already been accepted to.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

nakanaka

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 04:25:33 PM »
I'm pretty sure no but I dunno. If you are concerned, call sometime after March 1 and ask if they have all your info and you can politely ask when they think decisions will be mailed out. I hear they do not come till late March/early April.

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 10:43:08 AM »
My guess is no.  I called and asked.  They were nice :).

I would call before the deadline because typically they send award letters after March 1 in the order in which the FAFSA et al was received.

Hammerstein

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 10:47:43 AM »
I think you're complete once a) your institutional aid form has been received (so send them via certified mail), b) once your FAFSA has returned a SAR w/ EFC (that means schools can also access both items), and c) within 24 hours of sending in Need Access (it claims all reports are processed in 24 hours, and I suspect they're also electronically attached).
CLS 2011.  All done.