Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 7391 times)

chunkylover53

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Houston - how long "in review?"
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2008, 02:01:39 AM »
My file said "in review" and then I got an email last week saying I got accepted. And then the very next day, an email about a scholarship offer. It didn't say anything like decision or anything. I even called them and they said to wait till mid-April. So don't pay attention to the status checker... just keep checking your email!

miljl1

• AOL Instant Messenger - redblackfire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2008, 10:44:59 AM »
JUST KIDING, HOUSTON! I love you thiiiiiiiis much!

Good to hear chunky...thanks for giving the rest of us some hope. I'll hold out as long as possible on sending a deposit to another school.
Saint Louis University School of Law Class of 2011

miljl1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2008, 02:16:21 PM »
Looks like they updated the status checker thing today and my decision has officially been mailed out. Don't know if it's bad news, since I didn't get an e-mail or anything. We'll see.

mm1405

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2008, 02:19:41 PM »
I'm ready to hurt someone at their admissions office... it seriously puts them at a huge disadvantage! I applied January 20th or so... and mine still says "file complete" !!! Not even in review yet? I just atteneded Penn STate's open house, and although Houston is my #1... I'm starting to lean toward Penn State just because I don't want to sit around and wait any longer. Also, it sucks for students who are admitted so late... there is not another open house, is there????
158/3.84, Master's Degree, Paralegal for 1 year

IN: Baylor (Spring 09), Penn State Dickinson,
OUT: UT
WL/WD: Temple, Rutgers-Camden
Pending: Houston, SMU

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2008, 03:17:14 PM »
Looks like they updated the status checker thing today and my decision has officially been mailed out. Don't know if it's bad news, since I didn't get an e-mail or anything. We'll see.

I didn't get an email before I got my acceptance.  Good luck.

miljl1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2008, 05:20:51 PM »

Awesome...that makes me feel a lot better.

LegallyAccepted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2008, 06:05:22 PM »

Awesome...that makes me feel a lot better.

I just went to decision as well!  Let's pray for good luck and BIG money!
You never know unless you try!

In: Mercer(W), Tulane (90K), WUSTL($), Loyola New Orleans (W) (99K), DePaul (W) (45K), LSU (W) (60K)(non-resident), Georgia State (W) (non-resident)
Waitlisted: Emory (W), UT (W), Vandy (W)
Rejected: Harvard

TULANE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!!

bella11

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2008, 10:04:20 PM »
I'm still "in review" as well. My online status checker was "updated" today, but made no actual change in status. I've quit checking the mailbox everyday. Based on everyone's feedback, I was thinking along the lines of an email, but now I see that some have status changes to "Decision mailed." What do you guys think the point of this is? Some responses sent in email- others mailed out? Perhaps it's the applicant's mailing location? Those who are receiving emails, are you out of state?

LSN shows a lot of people have been accepted, but 3 times as many are pending. Yet, these admitees are not responding to the other new thread of Houston 2011? Hmmmm

This frustration is just making me not like Houston....their admissions dept needs some serious help!

miljl1

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2008, 10:27:51 PM »
I am out of state and did not receive an e-mail, even though my status says decision has been mailed. So, we'll see.

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2008, 11:05:52 AM »
I am still "in review" as of 3/31 and I applied Jan 10th for Part-time. I have not received a decision. Their PT classes start in 2 months on 6/2 and that doesn't even include orientation, etc. How much "advance" notice do they plan on giving their PT applicants!! I got accepted to Baylor which starts 5/12. They sent me an email saying my registration packet is due by April 18th. UH is my first choice and it is killing me to wait.

Any one else a PT applicant??