Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: .  (Read 7048 times)

Poetgirl80

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Houston - how long "in review?"
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 12:29:49 PM »
I applied to UH in late November, and did not change to "in review" until 1/28/08.  The following week when UH updated their site, 2/4/08, I was changed to "decision mailed."  I received an acceptance the same day they updated my status on their website.  UH requires a seat deposit by 4/1/08.  I hope this answers a few of your questions.

I too am a TX resident.

UH probably requires a seat deposit by 4/1 for their ED people. They quoted me "late April to mid- May" for RD, in which case, they'd have to have a new deadline for our seat deposits. I applied in December. Held at "report received" until mid Feb. Have been holding at "in review" ever since.

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 02:03:55 PM »
I applied ED (early November, I think) and haven't gotten a decision still.  I was told when I emailed them early this week that I should receive a decision by next week.

hurley325

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2008, 02:42:26 PM »
No more complaining from me.  I got my acceptance letter today.

miljl1

• AOL Instant Messenger - redblackfire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2008, 02:20:14 PM »
I applied to UH in mid November and am still "in review." Hope they send something before April.
Saint Louis University School of Law Class of 2011

mm1405

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2008, 01:38:03 PM »
Has anyone else heard anything? I'm still "file complete"... not even "in review" and I submitted my app mid-January?!
158/3.84, Master's Degree, Paralegal for 1 year

IN: Baylor (Spring 09), Penn State Dickinson,
OUT: UT
WL/WD: Temple, Rutgers-Camden
Pending: Houston, SMU

tiredofwaiting

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2008, 10:38:32 AM »
I also feel everyone's pain. I submitted by app Jan 10. I have been accepted to Baylor with 1/2 tuition, but UH part-time is my first choice. My last day of work is April 15th and Baylor 1st day of orientation is May 7th. I am getting down to the wire and trying not to feel anxious.

Anyone know how accurate their online status checker is? I called the adm office and some lady said they could not give "statuses" over the phone. I thought it was only "decisions" over the phone. Anyone else calling the admin office for statuses??

bella11

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 12:59:20 AM »
I'm still "in review" as well. I called again, and the lady told me "you should know something within the next couple weeks." I have had the exact same answer twice now. Who knows. I've already had to put my deposit down at South Texas (bound to Houston). I'm part-time too, so I'd think we'd know something soon being that we part-timers begin earlier??

pamar

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 02:35:08 PM »
I sent my application in late October and just today got my acceptance email.

pamar

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 05:10:21 PM »
it still says " file in review".

wow, I'm sxurprised at how much money I would save by choosing Houston over a school in DC...

miljl1

• AOL Instant Messenger - redblackfire
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2008, 01:29:18 AM »
Finally got a response to an e-mail I sent them...said not to expect anything until mid/late April. Guess I'll have to just send a deposit at one of the school's I've heard back from and wait for UH.
Saint Louis University School of Law Class of 2011