Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Advice plz?  (Read 1428 times)

northpolex3

• Click Profile to change this text.
    • View Profile
Advice plz?
« on: August 14, 2003, 12:33:55 PM »
Hello everyone! This board is great! I am looking for advice on my issue. My first semester of ugrad i had a 3.6 GPA. The second semester due to an illness i dropped out , however i wasn't able to drop the courses (actually i was in the hospital for quite a bit of time) and i ended up in getting 3 Fs and 2 courses with no grade. I returned to school after a year (but not the same school - i transfered out). I did retake all of them and got As. Currently my GPA is 3.9 ( University of IL) and i hope that i will graduate at about 3.8x-3.9x. I also took the LSATs and my score was 172. Considering that i have 3 Fs on my first school , have a destroyed my chances for getting admitted to a top 25 school [UChicago, Northwestern, UofIL, UofIowa, WashU, Vanderbild are my top choices] ? Do you think that if i write a note about it they will over look it ?

Please help!

CH

Re: Advice plz?
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2003, 03:38:56 PM »
Not at all.  You are just fine to get into a top 25!  DON'T STRESS!!! You will stress enough your first year, you don't need to start now!

Ivy_Hopeful

• Sr. Citizen
  • Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT 141
    • MSN Messenger - dduncan81@msn.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Dduncan81
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - Derryp999
    • View Profile
    • A website that I built and maintain.
Re: Advice plz?
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2003, 02:07:56 AM »
Fortunately for you raw scores can battle everything (including 3F's).  Although you had some hardships you have proven to triumph over adversity, and law schools will see this as well. Good GPA and great LSAT (90th percentile + way to go). These are fortunatey, for you, the primary and most determining factors before they look at ANYTHING else.  Only if your scores and GPA were borderline from the admissions indexes would those F's hurt you from your past.  So keep your head up because you're doin' great!  If you want to know more about indexing just reply to let me know okay? Good luck NP3!
Winners: Cooley w/$, UDM
Losers: MSU, DePaul, NYLS, UI, Georegtown, WSU, PSU, Kent, Cleavland State, ASU
In Limbo + Purgatory: N/A

Law School Numbers.com

LSD Debut UGPA 3.651 Final UGPA 3.894 / LSAT October 1st, 2005: 141