Law School Discussion

Stanford where are you????

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
Re: Stanford where are you????
« Reply #80 on: April 24, 2008, 02:54:26 PM »
Seriously I can not take the suspense. Can I call and ask my status? Would they tell me if I was denied or waitlisted over the phone?

I'm still waiting too but I live 10 minuntes away. I figure that if I come home to nothing on the 30th (which is when it was promised by), then I will walk in on May 1st. I don't think they can tell you over the phone but possibly in person.

« Reply #81 on: April 24, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »
Seriously I can not take the suspense. Can I call and ask my status? Would they tell me if I was denied or waitlisted over the phone?

So adcomms will, others won't.  And it can depend on which day you happen to call.  They probably have a policy of not providing decisions over the phone, but adherence is obviously elective.

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2008, 02:52:35 PM »
Yay! My rejection letter came today :-)

(I've never been so happy about being rejected in my life, and from my alma mater too!)

« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2008, 03:00:37 PM »
Gah, I just realized that I forgot to sign my name, as in my signature, on my LOCI. Poop. I guess that's not too big a deal.

« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2008, 09:48:17 AM »
I called. Still no decision. Gah.

« Reply #85 on: April 30, 2008, 02:36:18 PM »
Finally broke down and called the admissions office today...rejection.  Curses.

« Reply #86 on: May 01, 2008, 08:34:28 AM »
WAITLIST! So pitifully happy.

I have already sent a LOCI and visited. Do people think that additional letters of rec will help or know how Stanford's wait list works?

« Reply #87 on: May 01, 2008, 08:46:09 AM »
I got waitlisted also - I'll have to dream up a LOCI.  Oh well, better than a rejection. 

« Reply #88 on: June 05, 2008, 11:17:54 AM »
I just got in off the waitlist and I have a week to make a decision. No LOCI btw, so I was really surprised by the call.

OMG - this is throwing everything into chaos. I already signed a lease on an apartment in Boston with two really good friends, so the largest factor holding me back is the idea of screwing them over last minute. Ugh.