Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Whatever Happened to TheTruth?  (Read 17014 times)

limegreen

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Whatever Happened to TheTruth?
« Reply #190 on: May 27, 2008, 11:13:37 PM »
I'm standing on my Fit board RIGHT NOW! It's not plugged in to anything but SO WHAT??!

Should I get Guitar Hero?

I don't have it for my Wii (the BF has it for PS3) but it's really fun sometimes.  We used to play a lot but I got kind of bored with it after a while and it kind of hurts my eyes.  That and I kept getting those songs stuck in my head, and I don't like many of them.  I'd probably play it a lot more if there were more songs I like/recognize.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 27, 2008, 11:15:06 PM »
Rock Band lets you sing...this is my favorite part...

I can see the guitar-ing part getting old...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 27, 2008, 11:42:30 PM »
DB: 157/3.6. I've seen his soft factors. I won't share them on here, but I wasn't impressed. It reads like a decent recent graduate resume, plus a respectable soft factor.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 28, 2008, 12:13:51 AM »
That's the respectable soft factor I was talking about. If he thinks that accounts for his acceptances, then he's delusional.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

mbw

• LSD Obsessed
  • TTTundra Law 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 28, 2008, 12:48:09 AM »
Military service and not much else, IIRC.

"Please people you have to understand, I have AMAZING soft factors."

Well, how do you separate good from amazing soft factors, particularly when URM status is involved?  Now, I think I have pretty decent soft factors, but I don't kid myself that if I get accepted to a decent school, the fact that I'm only 1 out of 400 NDNs (out of 180,000) to apply to law school in a given year wouldn't be a serious consideration in that acceptance.  The question really is, would my (or Truth's) soft factors make that much of a difference if we weren't URMs?  I haven't yet been accepted to a school, so I can't answer that.  But there's a reason for Grutter, and, frankly, I think it's a good one.
I'm in a lynch mob?  I had no idea.  This is really worrying; I really don't have time for another extra-curricular activity.

space for rent.

devilishlyblue

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 28, 2008, 01:27:57 AM »
DB: 157/3.6. I've seen his soft factors. [...] It reads like a decent recent graduate resume, plus a respectable soft factor.

Right.  Once you accommodate demographic considerations, I think solid-but-not-spectacular softs are sufficient to explain an admission to a top 10 school.  I don't think he needed "amazing" softs for Boalt; he would have been a pretty strong candidate without them.  ("Softs," to me, exclude demographics.)

PS: I spent a good twenty seconds trying to figure out what DB stood for.

armada

• Sr. Citizen
  • I have people to go and places to see!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: May 28, 2008, 02:25:11 AM »
DB: 157/3.6. I've seen his soft factors. [...] It reads like a decent recent graduate resume, plus a respectable soft factor.

Right.  Once you accommodate demographic considerations, I think solid-but-not-spectacular softs are sufficient to explain an admission to a top 10 school.  I don't think he needed "amazing" softs for Boalt; he would have been a pretty strong candidate without them.

PS: I spent a good twenty seconds trying to figure out what DB stood for.

Haha :D

t L

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 28, 2008, 08:18:37 AM »
Military service and not much else, IIRC.

"Please people you have to understand, I have AMAZING soft factors."

Well, how do you separate good from amazing soft factors, particularly when URM status is involved?  Now, I think I have pretty decent soft factors, but I don't kid myself that if I get accepted to a decent school, the fact that I'm only 1 out of 400 NDNs (out of 180,000) to apply to law school in a given year wouldn't be a serious consideration in that acceptance.  The question really is, would my (or Truth's) soft factors make that much of a difference if we weren't URMs?  I haven't yet been accepted to a school, so I can't answer that.  But there's a reason for Grutter, and, frankly, I think it's a good one.

You have AMAZING soft factors, really.  I think you are going to do fine with next cycle if you get a good LSAT.
Michigan 2L

LHL

• V
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 28, 2008, 10:13:22 AM »
More Wii talk. I stopped giving a poo about The Truth when I deleted the top LSN account so he could have the top spot, and he didn't even thank me. f-ing ingrate. >:(

Posts like this are so much better now that I've turned off my potty talk filter.

@#!*. poo. Whore.  female dog.  feminine hygiene product.

Wow... I thought everyone just said "female dog" thinking it was a cool way of cussing.  Now that I changed my setting, its like I stepped out of the Matrix.

I love what happens when someone types the Vice President's name->  male private part Cheney
I hate this limbo!

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 28, 2008, 11:51:21 AM »
I think it helps set the tone early for the board...
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament