Law School Discussion

"HLS - Weighing Offers" E-mail

Re: "HLS - Weighing Offers" E-mail
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2008, 09:39:46 PM »
Haha, I thought it was really funny and cute! TS makes it seem as if Harvard students only have those decisions to make: Yale or Stanford...or perhaps Columbia and NYU if scholarships were offered  :D

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2008, 09:40:56 PM »
Vicki, I'm in the same boat as you - don't worry  :)

only thing to do is jump OVERRR the mooon.

moo

BlueGreen

• [insert vague quote here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2008, 10:28:19 PM »
got the email, but i don't belong to any of the categories either.  :P

« Reply #13 on: February 19, 2008, 12:40:11 AM »
I'm pretty sure everybody who got into Harvard got the e-mail. Here's the text for those who are interested:

Subject: HLS - Weighing Offers

Text: "Just wanted to let you know that if you're seriously considering another law school to which you've been admitted, I'm happy to put you in touch with current HLS students who faced the same decision.  (I have particularly good lists for Yale, Stanford, and for students with scholarship offers from NYU or Columbia -- my lists aren't so good for other schools)

Toby"

I really like the informal (and kinda haughty) style of the e-mail. His assumptions are pretty good though, with Harvard's yield rate its very rare that somebody chooses a lower-ranked school without a significant scholarship. Still, I was almost hoping for a smiley face at the end of the e-mail.

« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2008, 01:47:22 AM »
And here I thought it was a personalized response...

I don't blame you. It kinda does look like one.
Well, I knew Toby didn't sent it himself because it came from a2alerts at LSAC or something like that.  But it came just a couple hours after I got the phone call from Yale, so the timing struck me as too weird to be a coincidence.  I thought TS might have asked LSAC to send it automatically if Yale told them I got in or something like that.

« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2008, 07:27:25 AM »
Hmm, I didn't get this email.  Does that mean Toby doesn't think I got into any other schools?

I'm guessing this was an automatic email to all HLS admits above a certain LSAT/GPA or something. 

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2008, 08:17:46 AM »
Wow, I just checked the Harvard email address for the... er... second/third (?) time since I received it.  There are a lot of important emails there...  Huh, guess they weren't kidding about the Check Your Harvard Email Address thing.  Oops.

Thx, saasen.

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2008, 12:08:03 PM »
I got a reply from Toby today saying basically that he'll get me in contact with a number of students (who chose HLS over Yale) soon...

...but that was before I heard from Stanford today. Whoops.