Law School Discussion

"HLS - Weighing Offers" E-mail

"HLS - Weighing Offers" E-mail
« on: February 18, 2008, 06:40:59 PM »
Hey all!  Today I got a kind of informal e-mail from Toby Stock regarding getting me in touch with students who are weighing their law school offers, particularly if they got into Yale or Stanford or received scholarships from NYU or CLS.  Admittedly, I found it a little odd I got this, since I currently don't fall into any of the abovementioned categories (haven't heard from YLS but don't think I'm going to get in, didn't apply to Stanford, and no scholarship offers from NYU or CLS, although I did get accepted and am considering CLS, and I have one scholarship offer I'm considering).  Anyway, I was wondering, did this go out to all those who have been accepted?  Has anyone followed up with Dean Stock and spoken to one of the students?  What were your circumstances?  Did you find the conversation useful?  Thanks!

(Sorry if this was posted as a topic already; I looked and didn't see it, so that's why I started a new topic).

Re: "HLS - Weighing Offers" E-mail
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2008, 07:13:46 PM »
I got the same e-mail. I wrote back and told him a bit about my situation; it could be cool to talk to a student who made the decision to go to HLS.

I thought it was kind of funny that the e-mail takes a stab at other schools (as in, how could you even THINK of going anywhere except YLS, SLS, or CLS/NYU with a scholarship??). :)

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2008, 07:23:10 PM »
I got the email too - definitely take him up on it if you find yourself in the situations he listed.

I corresponded with a few students already via email (that he put me in touch with) and it was really helpful to hear their decision making process.

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2008, 07:37:49 PM »
Oh wow, congrats to all of you!  You all have such amazing options!  I am so impressed with your accomplishments!  Still, now I feel even stranger getting the e-mail, as you all have Stanford, Yale, and/or CLS/NYU Scholarship offers, and I don't fall into any of those categories...It's like, one of these acceptees don't belong, lol.

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2008, 08:18:24 PM »
I got the email too.  I was actually surprised to see Toby working today.  Doesn't the admissions office close for president's day?

« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 08:18:40 PM »
Vicki, I'm in the same boat as you - don't worry  :)

« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2008, 08:23:26 PM »

moo

« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2008, 08:30:39 PM »
And here I thought it was a personalized response...

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 08:33:42 PM »
And here I thought it was a personalized response...

I don't blame you. It kinda does look like one.

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 09:19:04 PM »

only thing to do is jump OVERRR the mooon.