Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)  (Read 14479 times)

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)
« Reply #120 on: April 15, 2008, 09:34:49 PM »
Me! Me! I carried the letter to the post office just before 5pm yesterday (trying to avoid the tax lines of today)
(Just Adding Another Notch)

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2008, 10:55:22 PM »
Anyone else send in a deposit (by) today?

I sent mine in...but of course just after I did I found out I got into Cornell so even though I've paid a deposit I still have more decisions to make. I think this is going to be a long cycle for me. I still have more deferrals.

qoftheu

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 16, 2008, 10:11:01 AM »
I sent in my deposit yesterday! So I guess it's GW if I don't get off UVA's waitlist.

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 16, 2008, 10:16:40 AM »
Me! Me! I carried the letter to the post office just before 5pm yesterday (trying to avoid the tax lines of today)

Haha I went this morning and at first I was so surprised that the post office was so bumpin' at 8:30am.  I was like- wow I had no idea it was so busy in the morning then I quickly realized why... then a woman was shouting "DOES ANYONE NEED ANY HELP?!  DOES ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?!" and there was a pile of certified mail forms on one of the tables with the address of the IRS - it was pretty weird... I got a number 40 behind, and waited about 10 minutes.

I got my letter certified - was on the fence about doing this but it just made me feel better.

LOL, I ditched my plan of postmarking on the 15th when I accepted that I was most likely not going to get any news on 4/15 that would change my mind. I did not certify but I sent an email, which they acknowledged, letting admissions know I mailed the deposit.

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: April 16, 2008, 10:24:59 AM »
I needed the assurance and didn't want to bother with cert. You are probably good since you certified yours. I doubt it would hurt at all though.

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 16, 2008, 10:28:07 AM »
Cool, although I suck at MS and FB (never check my email, etc. take forever to accept friend requests). I'm getting better.

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 16, 2008, 10:35:43 AM »
I am from DC, although I've lived in Northern VA (NOVA) more than DC, and moved to GA 2 years ago. I will probably be back in NOVA. The biggest factors are affordability and school systems. I've got 2 kids (one going to 3rd grade and the other turning 2 soon). I prefer Alexandria/Arlington/Springfield/Annandale but would go as far as Fairfax/Burke. I also like Chevy Chase/Bethesda in MD but that area is a little more expensive. I am not looking in DC at all.

What about you?

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 16, 2008, 10:49:19 AM »
Cool. Your husband should def be able to land something in the area. I lived in Arlington for several years and love it!

I joined the FB group, by the way  ;)

J.A.A.N.

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 16, 2008, 10:55:41 AM »
Even if not in NOVA, everyone commutes in the DC area so working in MD or DC is not unheard of. Still, my fingers are crossed for a NOVA opp.

PillowPants

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: May 14, 2008, 11:37:10 AM »
anybody send in that second deposit yet
GW class of 2011