Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)  (Read 14789 times)

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)
« Reply #80 on: March 25, 2008, 02:11:13 PM »
Insert Quote
I finally got my awards letter back from GW. They mailed it to the wrong address. Anyway I did get a substantial need based grant so looks like I still won't make up my mind. Hopfeully visitng the 2 schools I'm considering will make my decision a little easier.

I didn't expect to get anything and I did, so I am in the same boat. Where else are you considering?

Right now my main two choices are GW and Vandy. The grant I got from GW along with the scholarship from Vandy makes the price of the two almost the same for me. I thought money was going to be my determining factor. I'm hoping that when I visit I'll just like one more than the other but knowing me I'll love them both.

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 25, 2008, 10:12:17 PM »
I went to the admitted students reception tonight in Philly and had a really great time.  There were lots of alumni there, actually, which was nice, and the other potential students seemed like cool people, too.  I definitely recommend going to one if y'all haven't already.

/GW trolling
Temple University Beasley School of Law 2011

you fine american.

Final record: 5-1-4

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 26, 2008, 01:13:09 PM »
Are you guys planning to live in NOVA or DC proper? If the former, PM me, as I know of decent housing options...

I know I'm an idiot but what is NOVA? At this point I'm considering living in Arlington near the Rossylyn, Court House, Clarendon or Falls Church metros. I'm trying to keep my rent between $900-$1000. If I could find a roomate I could prob try to look for a place in NW.

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 26, 2008, 01:14:09 PM »
Are you guys planning to live in NOVA or DC proper? If the former, PM me, as I know of decent housing options...

So have you basically decided that you are def going to be at GW in the fall?

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 26, 2008, 01:18:59 PM »

So have you basically decided that you are def going to be at GW in the fall?

No, but am preparing to hedge in the advent that my waitlists aren't kind to me...def planning to go to GW over WashU, though the 75k at the latter was very, very tempting...

I have a couple of waitlists that I'm waiting out too. There are worse things in the world than going to GW though. I wish they had sent us a list of where their graduates actually work as opposed to who interviews GW students. Lots of firms interview at certain schools with no intention of actually hiring anyone. A list of where their graduates actually work would have been more useful to me.

Would you be paying full price at GW? BTW I'm interested to know of any places you know of in northern Virginia. You can PM them to me whenever you get a chance.

nicole1220

• Sr. Citizen
  • I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 26, 2008, 01:20:18 PM »
Why WashU over GW? And I'd be interested in your NOVA housing options too..
GW '11?

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 26, 2008, 02:05:05 PM »
Insert Quote
I finally got my awards letter back from GW. They mailed it to the wrong address. Anyway I did get a substantial need based grant so looks like I still won't make up my mind. Hopfeully visitng the 2 schools I'm considering will make my decision a little easier.

I didn't expect to get anything and I did, so I am in the same boat. Where else are you considering?

Right now my main two choices are GW and Vandy. The grant I got from GW along with the scholarship from Vandy makes the price of the two almost the same for me. I thought money was going to be my determining factor. I'm hoping that when I visit I'll just like one more than the other but knowing me I'll love them both.

Go to Vandy...end of discussion.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

PillowPants

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 26, 2008, 09:49:20 PM »
G Dubs cracks the top 20!

pop the bubbly
GW class of 2011

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 27, 2008, 10:24:36 AM »
I know a few people in this thread have been to the receptions in the cities.  Is there food served?  It's right at dinner time...

Yup.  And drinks.

you fine american.

stewie griffin

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 27, 2008, 10:41:24 AM »
I know a few people in this thread have been to the receptions in the cities.  Is there food served?  It's right at dinner time...

Yup.  And drinks.

Is it like dinner or like Hore-douvers?  Specifically - were there crab cakes? lol

I mean do I need to eat dinner or can I fill up here?

Ha.  It was hors d'oeuvres.

you fine american.