Law School Discussion

GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)

GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)
« on: February 18, 2008, 08:11:31 AM »
Anybody else seriously considering attending GW in the fall? I'm still waiting on quite a few decisions but if nothing else goes my way this is where I'll be in the fall. Seems like GW perspectives are rare this cycle...

Re: GWU Class of 2011 (or just thinking about it)
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2008, 11:44:33 AM »
I'm definitely interested, provided I get some money.

jeffreydane

• You call him Dr. Jones, Doll! - Shortround
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2008, 12:18:07 PM »
 i'm with lady twine.  However, out of the 20-28 schools, it appears to be a "contenda."  I'm strongly considering it.

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2008, 12:28:54 PM »
Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear from 7 of my 10 schools, but I get a really good feeling about the place.  As miss lady twine said, however, money is a factor.

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 07:05:01 AM »
^ditto, money is the issue with GW. Given the cost of living in D.C. and the fact that I will have to finance every dime of my LS cost myself, I would need some help from GW. Additionally, some of my other prospects are at least equally attractive, especially since D.C. isn't my number one job market.

Now if GW clearly offers more money than my other prospects, I'd be hard pressed not to go.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 07:33:02 AM »
tag.

I hope they send out the scholarship offers soon.

« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2008, 10:36:49 AM »
tag.

I hope they send out the scholarship offers soon.

Yeah I haven't heard of anyone getting money offers yet not that I thik I'll get any merit based money but a girl can hope...

I am very concerned about the cost of living in DC. It seems with the COA there is not much space to have any extra money. God forbid there is an emergency of some sort. It seems like all your loan check is going to have to go to rent.

I def know if I do go to GW I am not taking a car. It's not worth the expense IMO. And I really don't want a roomate but I know if I live near the school I won't be able to afford to not have one. All that said I love the area and I love their administration. They have been extremely nice and helpful during this whole process.

nicole1220

• I feel like that Chihuahua.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 08:29:00 AM »
Just got a generic updates email from the dean that says they are sending the first scholarships out via U.S. Mail tomorrow. Fingers are crossed! What sort of number do you think they will be offering scholarships to?

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 08:33:40 AM »
Just got a generic updates email from the dean that says they are sending the first scholarships out via U.S. Mail tomorrow. Fingers are crossed! What sort of number do you think they will be offering scholarships to?

Well since I didn't get the e-mail I'm assuming I won't be getting one :(

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 08:39:03 AM »
Well since I didn't get the e-mail I'm assuming I won't be getting one :(

That's weird.  It was a very generic e-mail, and the financial part didn't just speak of merit aid but need aid too.

I'm kinda pissed that they are sending the offers by mail.  Do they know how neurotic we are? How much we hate waiting?