Law School Discussion

Februrary LSAT . Why i think we might get a good scale.

Februrary LSAT . Why i think we might get a good scale.
« on: February 17, 2008, 11:11:11 AM »
1.Borderline impossible comparitive reading. This was not the usual hard passage. You can not just answer the main point  and structure questions. It was a complex issue that i am sure most people really did not know much about.

2. Borderline crazy hybrid game

3. No basic linear game. ( it was a pure sequencing game) takes me longer than linear games.

4. Logic reasoning questions difficulty not in their usual order. Some people i talked about how their timing was off. Mine was too. I looked at my watch and i was on question 9 and 15 minutes had passed.  I ended up finihing because the questions seemed to get easier towards the end. But i think a lot of people did not even get to those questions.

I am calling it now. Oct 97 scale. Of course we will never know.

Re: Februrary LSAT . Why i think we might get a good scale.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 03:10:52 PM »
I thought similar things, except the comparative reading. I do not understand how so many people did not see how this was very easy. There have been other comparative reading sections on other tests where the two articles were barely on the same topic. This was pretty straight forward, at least I thought so.

But, I still agree that the LR (at least the first LR section I saw), was one of the harder sections I've taken, maybe ever.

Mike

steuby

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:29:01 PM »
:o One day my prince will come!

where are you in florida? i'm on my way ;)

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:39:45 PM »
3. No basic linear game. ( it was a pure sequencing game) takes me longer than linear games.

Hasn't this been the trend recently though?

I hope you get a generous scale, although I think you are being a bit overly optimistic.

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »
What was the topic of the comparative reading that was supposed to be so tough?  I seem to remember thinking that it was easy.

carnodel

• My Friends, me, and Steve Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:58:33 PM »
1.Borderline impossible comparitive reading. This was not the usual hard passage. You can not just answer the main point  and structure questions. It was a complex issue that i am sure most people really did not know much about.

2. Borderline crazy hybrid game

4. Logic reasoning questions difficulty not in their usual order. Some people i talked about how their timing was off. Mine was too. I looked at my watch and i was on question 9 and 15 minutes had passed.  I ended up finihing because the questions seemed to get easier towards the end. But i think a lot of people did not even get to those questions.

I am calling it now. Oct 97 scale. Of course we will never know.

Whatcha been smoking dude?  Oct '97 scale  ???

96 out of 100 for a 180
84 out of 100 for a 170

Dream on!!!!   Those days are long since past, not to mention that that was the MOST generous scale of modern day LSAT history.  I guess it's ok to fantasize, as long as you are clear that it is a fantasy, just like a disney movie. 

We can still dream though, right?  Where can we get the scoring scales for all the LSATs online?

steuby

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:42:18 PM »
;D Locked in the castle, letting down my hair for you. It's from my underarms, I hope that's not going to be an issue  :-*

that might be an issue

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:02:36 PM »
What was the topic of the comparative reading that was supposed to be so tough?  I seem to remember thinking that it was easy.

It's all relative. I found the comparative reading section extremely easy during my LSAT, while others complained about how difficult it was.

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 07:12:01 PM »

It's all relative. I found the comparative reading section extremely easy during my LSAT, while others complained about how difficult it was.

Do you remember the topic (if you took 2/08)....was it something about the presidency maybe?  Doesn't really matter I guess...just trying to figure out why so many people thought it was so difficult.

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 07:21:57 PM »

Do you remember the topic (if you took 2/08)....was it something about the presidency maybe?  Doesn't really matter I guess...just trying to figure out why so many people thought it was so difficult.

I didn't take it in 2/08, sorry!