Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: 157/3.2 PACIFIC OR CHAPMAN????  (Read 1852 times)

TheNextGreatEsq

• View Profile
157/3.2 PACIFIC OR CHAPMAN????
« on: February 16, 2008, 03:49:15 PM »
Hey guys, I'm wondering what you think of my situation.  Currently I have acceptances at both Chapman and Pacific (McGeorge).  I'm having a tough time deciding between them.  Also in consideration, but not yet accepted to, are pepperdine, santa clara, loyola, southwestern, and usf.  But currently the dilemma is between Pacific and Chapman Law (half tuition scholarship).  I also got a full scholarship for golden gate...but yeaaah.

TheNextGreatEsq

• View Profile
Re: 157/3.2 GOT INTO PACIFIC AND CHAPMAN SO FAR
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2008, 04:44:29 PM »
I'd appreciate any advice at all.

Davis1L

• View Profile
Re: 157/3.2 PACIFIC OR CHAPMAN????
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2008, 11:08:58 PM »
Well...A lot of it depends on what do you intend to do after law school (BigLaw, Public Service, Small Firm, etc...) and where you want to practice. Also, I'd consider visiting both schools to get a feel for either of them.

Oh! And on top of that...maybe you should just wait things out? I mean, you really should see how your other law school applications panned out before you force yourself to make a decision. =D

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2008, 11:46:12 PM »
At least wait until April!

TheNextGreatEsq

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 01:41:45 PM »
Well ideally I would like to do work at a law firm.  Medium-Large sized.  I've heard McGeorge is mainly geared towards public service so I don't know what that means in terms of getting a good law firm job.

TheNextGreatEsq

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2008, 12:55:39 AM »
Well do I need to have a science/engineering background to be seriously considered for IP?  More comments on the question in general would be appreciated.  Thanks!  Most likely, the schools I'll be making a choice between will be Santa Clara, southwestern, pacific, usf, and chapman (loyola isn't too likely)  Thanks guys

Phineas

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 05:52:40 PM »
Well do I need to have a science/engineering background to be seriously considered for IP?  More comments on the question in general would be appreciated.  Thanks!  Most likely, the schools I'll be making a choice between will be Santa Clara, southwestern, pacific, usf, and chapman (loyola isn't too likely)  Thanks guys

I would suggest looking at what students make coming out of those schools in relation to the cost of living.  After that, I would proceed by banging my head against a wall and snapping out of the illusory state I had been living in.

TheNextGreatEsq

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2008, 05:56:19 PM »
thanks for the useless advice.

TheNextGreatEsq

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2008, 09:17:40 PM »
That is complete nonsense.  If you check out law firm profiles (middle sized and large) you will find plenty of graduates from pacific, chapman, usf, usd, and southwestern.  The statement "you're not going to get a serious big or midlaw job, period" is  definitely wrong since I've seen plenty of people from these schools at large law firms.  I'd appreciate any sort of real, non-bitter, advice. 

thelawman

• View Profile
    • numbers
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 01:20:52 AM »
i know they are in the pending stage but if i were you i would choose pepperdine or loyola.  pepp isnt ranked that high but its a quality school with a GREAT campus

but between the 2 schools u listed i would go chapman