Law School Discussion

Texas 2011: There should be 500 of us.

armada

• I have people to go and places to see!
    • View Profile
Re: Texas 2011: There should be 500 of us.
« Reply #60 on: March 25, 2008, 01:30:22 PM »
Just got off the phone with Monica Ingram.

See you in August!!!

Congrats!!!

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2008, 12:24:38 PM »
Sent in the seat deposit today--finally made the decision, and v. excited for this fall.

LHL

• V
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2008, 12:59:07 PM »
Sent in the seat deposit today--finally made the decision, and v. excited for this fall.

Me too!!!

« Reply #63 on: April 04, 2008, 09:16:55 AM »
I'm in ... ;D

« Reply #64 on: April 04, 2008, 12:48:02 PM »
Sent my deposit yesterday.  Now I just gotta find a way to kill 4 months :(.  Oh, and here's the facebook group for anyone that didn't know.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=8987627701

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2008, 03:02:23 PM »
Hey Longhorns,

I'm desperately trying to decide between Vanderbilt and Texas, and I was hoping you guys could help me out.  For anybody who made a similar decision and chose Texas, could you explain your reasoning?  Anything about Texas that made you choose it over Vandy?  I've posted a similar question in the vandy thread and I want to read and compare responses.

Thanks!

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2008, 05:30:57 PM »
Hey Longhorns,

I'm desperately trying to decide between Vanderbilt and Texas, and I was hoping you guys could help me out.  For anybody who made a similar decision and chose Texas, could you explain your reasoning?  Anything about Texas that made you choose it over Vandy?  I've posted a similar question in the vandy thread and I want to read and compare responses.

Thanks!

I think for me, the main thing is the city. I've visited both recently, and Nashville doesn't hold a candle to Austin. Other people might feel differently, but as far as what I want in a city/town (warm weather, great music scene), Austin is a better fit than Nashville. And I really want to be as happy as I can be for those 3 years. As of right now, I'd have to pay about the same at either school so money isn't helping me decide. Rankings don't help much either, as the 1 space difference is negligible. I wasn't able to attend Vandy's ASD, I just visited on a Saturday, so unfortunately I can't compare student bodies. I will say of Texas though, that the people I met were really cool, and seemed to be having a good time at law school.
I haven't completely decided yet, but I guess you can see where I'm leaning :)

« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2008, 08:50:16 PM »
Austin is gorgeous. Seriously. Yeah, it is.

LHL

• V
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2008, 06:12:25 AM »
Hi people.  For those of you that already sent in your deposits, has your status changed on Freshlaw?  I sent mine about a week ago and it still says it's not been recieved.  I know the website says to give it about 7 days but I'm impatient.  It would be terrible if come the 15th, they still don't have my deposit.

« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2008, 10:46:04 AM »
Hey Chizwheeze, I think folks could use more info about you and your aspirations before any advice could be useful. 

But I do hope you're not just using the USNews rankings to help you decide.  That would be a TERRIBLE idea.  You should instead research the universities through a variety of sources.  Look up their clerkship placement, biglaw placement, teaching placement, average salaries, specific programs, and where in the country grads end up.  That would paint a far more useful picture than just the USNews rankings.

And have you visited both schools yet?