Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Yale Holds?  (Read 6329 times)

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Yale Holds?
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2008, 11:37:05 PM »
I know - it seems like a waitlist is a soft rejection, especially because their yield is so high.

I'm not sure I want to stay on simply because I want closure. Even if I were accepted, it would be so difficult to forfeit a deposit at another school, completely redo my housing plans and ditch my would-be roommates - not to mention the emotional roller coaster of changing my plans so dramatically. Secondly, it would be hard to accept an offer without having the chance to go to an ASW to get the feel of the school.

Then again..it is Yale! Maybe its worth waiting for.  :-\
Harvard Law 2011!

(Formerly known as CalGirl86)
http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=calgal86

yoonsukchoo

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2008, 01:07:46 AM »
Just got the waitlist email also...

Never contacted about deadlines, either... So looks like a last minute decision.

QueenoftheCourt, I've been in a very similar situation as you from the beginning...

A much higher second LSAT score, November HLS admission, then Hamilton offer, then the Yale deferral in mid-March...

I also wanted to go to Yale very much for various reasons, but hey, now our loyalties must be with Harvard. Look forward to meeting you!

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2008, 01:22:37 AM »
Just got the waitlist email also...

Never contacted about deadlines, either... So looks like a last minute decision.

QueenoftheCourt, I've been in a very similar situation as you from the beginning...

A much higher second LSAT score, November HLS admission, then Hamilton offer, then the Yale deferral in mid-March...

I also wanted to go to Yale very much for various reasons, but hey, now our loyalties must be with Harvard. Look forward to meeting you!

Haha- it has been an interesting cycle. I'm going to wait until the inevitable Stanford waitlist for a week or so, the send in my deposit.

Although I must say, Yale, if you were going to waitlist nearly everyone in the deferral pool, why not tell us that two months ago?
Harvard Law 2011!

Freelover

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2008, 02:53:04 AM »
Got the waitlist email too....
I have waited for Yale for two months since I received the deferral email.....
Does anybody know when will they begin reviewing waitlist?

TeresaPinfold

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2008, 03:14:35 AM »
It looks like  they are wait-listing way more people this year. There are 28 already on LSN the first day (so all may not have gone out yet, and certainly not everyone has put it up on LSN yet), after only 21 by the end of last cycle.

Bananas, Melonas, Yeah

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2008, 03:19:40 AM »
Got the email too.

Does anybody know when will they begin reviewing waitlist?
Given how they're trend of taking their sweet time, I'm not holding my breath.

hegemonyhog

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2008, 08:39:08 AM »
Waitlisted like whoa over here as well.
Accepted: Columbia, Chicago, Michigan, Virginia, Duke, Northwestern, Georgetown, Vanderbilt, The Ohio State University

Pending: Yale, Harvard

Please note that the schools are listed entirely in order of US News ranking.

LSN

QueenoftheCourt

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2008, 12:28:29 PM »
It looks like  they are wait-listing way more people this year. There are 28 already on LSN the first day (so all may not have gone out yet, and certainly not everyone has put it up on LSN yet), after only 21 by the end of last cycle.

That's interesting..

I'm wondering if this is a good thing or not - maybe Yale is being cautious and accepting fewer people until they see their yield rates - in which case, they might use their waitlist. Or (more likely), a waitlist is pretty much a rejection and very few if any people will be given offers an even larger waitlist than years prior.

And I noticed that no one was accepted off the waitlist on LSN last year.
Harvard Law 2011!

Vicki11NYR

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2008, 02:34:46 PM »
Sorry for the late post, but I too got the WL e-mail on Tuesday evening,  Admittedly, even though I guess I figured on it, it was really disappointing.  I submitted my WL form, so I'll see what happens with that, but now that it's been a few days, I do feel better about it.  After all, if it's not meant to be, then it's not meant to be and I just have to accept that God has other plans for me. 

So now I have until May 1st to pick between HLS and CLS and I really just don't know how I'm going to do it...
Stats: 3.96/174

Accepted: HLS, CLS, NYU, UChicago ($$$), UPenn, Duke, UVA ($$$), GULC ($$$)
Pending: YLS, Cornell

LSN Account: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Vicki11NYR

meesawoosa

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2008, 01:25:36 AM »
...i'm pretty sure i'll be withdrawing from YLS next week.  hope it opens up a spot for someone who wants to go!