Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: The Law School Laptop  (Read 35440 times)

ManTGeo

• Sr. Citizen
  • HLS 2012!
    • View Profile
Re: The Law School Laptop
« Reply #310 on: April 23, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »
False.  Support for Windows XP SP2 will continue until at least April 8, 2014.  That's about 3 years after I complete my JD in 2011.  :-)

http://support.microsoft.com/lifecycle/search/?sort=PN&alpha=windows+xp

I don't believe he was talking about when they'll stop supporting XP.

Majmun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Now Featuring Excess Whiteness
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 23, 2008, 03:49:38 PM »
False.  Support for Windows XP SP2 will continue until at least April 8, 2014.  That's about 3 years after I complete my JD in 2011.  :-)

Yep....My point was when the time comes that you can only get Vista, law schools will have to start supporting it.

Dreamin192

• View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #312 on: April 24, 2008, 01:49:21 AM »
Okay, I have been a mac person for the past 5 years or so and I have come to accept that I will have to get a PC notebook since most schools don't support macs. This is kind of a silly question but...is it okay to get a colored one? I really want a pink one but part of me is like okay...you're going to law school, do you really need a girly pink laptop?? What do other people think about this? Does everyone just get black?
Whittier Law 2011

sherah

• View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 24, 2008, 02:02:40 AM »
Okay, I have been a mac person for the past 5 years or so and I have come to accept that I will have to get a PC notebook since most schools don't support macs. This is kind of a silly question but...is it okay to get a colored one? I really want a pink one but part of me is like okay...you're going to law school, do you really need a girly pink laptop?? What do other people think about this? Does everyone just get black?

I want a pink one!  It's really up to you, though.  If you would feel too uncomfortable, then stick on the side of black.  But I say go for it!  Yay pink!
"The expert only answers what he or she knows.
The non-expert answers everything!"

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 24, 2008, 10:14:15 AM »

only certain colors are allowed. make sure you check with the school. i'd give the admissions office a call.
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

Vicki11NYR

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • LSN
    • Email
« Reply #315 on: April 24, 2008, 10:29:36 AM »
Embrace your inner Elle Woods and get the pink one!

Seriously, if I get a PC, I'm totally getting a pink one (or, if possible, a yellow one, but I think I'd unfortunately have to get a Dell, which I do not want), so you won't be alone!
Stats: 3.96/174

Accepted: HLS, CLS, NYU, UChicago ($$$), UPenn, Duke, UVA ($$$), GULC ($$$)
Pending: YLS, Cornell

LSN Account: http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=Vicki11NYR

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #316 on: April 24, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »

only certain colors are allowed. make sure you check with the school. i'd give the admissions office a call.

Are you serious? That's surprising.
Not even close to deciding:
USC - 60K
GW - nothing yet
GTown - Priority Wait List
No word from Cornell

R.P. McMurphy

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 25, 2008, 07:05:19 PM »

sarcasm...
LSN | Washington & Lee University Law Class of 2011

ChristineE

• I hope Barack and I will be in D.C. this fall!
    • View Profile
    • Blog
    • Email
« Reply #318 on: April 25, 2008, 07:09:33 PM »

sarcasm...

Ok good, you wern't serious.lol
Not even close to deciding:
USC - 60K
GW - nothing yet
GTown - Priority Wait List
No word from Cornell

difinity

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 25, 2008, 11:02:55 PM »

Yep....My point was when the time comes that you can only get Vista, law schools will have to start supporting it.

Just an FYI
http://news.slashdot.org/news/08/04/25/183253.shtml
160 / ~3