Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: what books to buy  (Read 1235 times)

orangegrl911

• View Profile
what books to buy
« on: February 14, 2008, 02:31:48 PM »
hey, i'm going to be taking the blueprint course over the summer for the october test, but i wanted to buy some books so i can kinda get started on my own earlier and just get acquainted with the test. my mom bought me a cliffnotes book and somehow i feel like that it's not gonna cut it. are the LSAC issued books any good? and does it matter what version i buy (i.e. the latest edition or from a year ago...it's quite a cost difference)? i was thinking of not bothering with the powerscore bibles b/c it's probably way different strategies than blueprint would teach me...right? any input would be most appreciated, thank you!

upgrade

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: what books to buy
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 04:05:01 PM »
The LSAC SuperPrep, the one with three tests including full answer explanations, is something you should purchase. 

Julie Fern

• LSD Obsessed
  • hillary clinton say "boo!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2008, 04:33:02 PM »
no.  steal it.

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2008, 06:19:01 PM »
I'm taking blueprint this spring, and I have the bibles. Regardless of what BP teaches, I don't get the impression that it'll confuse my understanding of the concepts. It seems like what the bibles are teaching are fundamental strategies to attack all types of questions. These strategies are ones I never recognized thus far (as basic as they are to me now), so I have a whole new confidence in my ability to do better on the test than I have the first 2 times. If anything, I think the course (and tons of practice)will refine those strategies rather than refute them. But ask me again in April, and I'll verify my hypothesis.

:-)

Also, I've heard great things about  LSAC superprep, mentioned above.
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

EarlCat

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Citizen
  • i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • AOL Instant Messenger - EarlCat78
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2008, 06:45:43 PM »
Don't buy the LSAC actual official books because BP will probably give you all the same questions.

P. Pius

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 12:40:18 PM »
Powerscore books are always pretty helpful, and last I checked you could still download the June '07 LAST from the LSAC website.
In like Flint (Accepted):  South Texas, St. Mary's
Out on a limb (Pending):  Arizona State, Southwestern, Oregon
Better luck next time (Denial): 

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=runnerxc8888

carnodel

• My Friends, me, and Steve Nash
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 06:52:45 PM »
Don't buy the LSAC actual official books because BP will probably give you all the same questions.

Agreed, they are probably going to give you many of the questions contained in the LSAT official books.  You still might want to buy some of the "10 Actual, Official LSAT Tests" though for self-practice.

Here's the link to the lsac shop to order them:
https://os.lsac.org/Release/Shop/Shop_Books.aspx?po=Y
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration, we're all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively, there's no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we're the imagination of ourselves.
- Bill Hicks

Principled.

• Sr. Citizen
  • Fundamentals, period.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 07:00:14 PM »
is that a plug for us to go check out another board?
"(s)he's arguing...(s)he's making an argument."

"...I'm so ready to promise my all & I'm so ready to give 'til the day that my life is no more... I'll be everything that this woman could possibly be...cause I'm ready to be like the olden days when commitment was golden" ~Chrisette Michele

calhata

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2008, 03:49:02 PM »
The Bible.  Do like I do ------- pray mofo.

SabrinaK

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2008, 07:56:26 PM »
LSAT 180 really helped me.  I used it when I retook the test, and I think it made a difference.  I jumped 9 points.
Alan Shore: You know I'm not about to go to Texas and not ride the mechanical bull, Chelina. That would be like going to Los Angeles and not sleeping with Paris Hilton.

Lock & Load: University of San Diego 2011!