Law School Discussion

"Hold" at Columbia = waitlist?

Re: "Hold" at Columbia = waitlist?
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2008, 02:26:11 PM »
Update: after being deferred, I got a "you're admitted" e-mail a few moments ago.

Congrats.  Did you "do anything" in the meantime (LOCI, LOR, etc)?

« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2008, 05:22:13 PM »
Congrats. Now you've got some very hard decisions to make.

« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2008, 06:30:09 PM »
Update: after being deferred, I got a "you're admitted" e-mail a few moments ago.

Congrats.  Did you "do anything" in the meantime (LOCI, LOR, etc)?

Thanks, everyone. It is nice to actually be done with the "schools giving me decisions" part of the cycle.

Yes, I did send a (pretty specific) LOCI to Columbia in the meantime; I talked about a certain graduate program that I am very interested in (it's in a subject that some of my other schools do not have a similar option for).

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »
Is Columbia a realistic option for you at this point Rabbit, since you are in at HYS?

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2008, 10:24:33 AM »
Did everyone else get the weird "You're still on hold" email today? What a tease. Maybe I'll send a second LOCI. An LOC-C-I.

« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2008, 10:27:19 AM »
I got that email.  My heart jumped for half a second...

« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2008, 10:58:53 AM »
I just got a ltr today saying I have been reserved. Very confused now, is it the same as "deferral" or "waitlist"? So anxious to know which layer I am at down their admission hierarchy.

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2008, 11:46:12 AM »
Did everyone else get the weird "You're still on hold" email today? What a tease. Maybe I'll send a second LOCI. An LOC-C-I.

I did.  I think it was a reminder; the deadline for submitting additional materials is Monday, and this gives people the weekend to write something up if they have not.

t L

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2008, 11:47:07 AM »
I just got a ltr today saying I have been reserved. Very confused now, is it the same as "deferral" or "waitlist"? So anxious to know which layer I am at down their admission hierarchy.

WL.  Join the club.

stricly bricly

• berkeley 2011
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2008, 11:47:47 AM »
congrats

yeah i got that email saying "hey there little lady, you're still on hold!"   the thing is i didn't know i was on hold in the first place!  the letter must have gotten lost in the mail.  well, that's a comforting thought. what an anticlimactic end to my cycle.