Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: University of Wisconsin, Class of '11  (Read 20243 times)

laurafern11

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: University of Wisconsin, Class of '11
« Reply #120 on: May 30, 2008, 08:01:27 PM »
So walking from the Bassett neighborhood, even in winter, is doable? Just a pain?

Sure! It's about a mile from the farthest end of Bassett (at Wilson Street) to the law school. I think that's do-able, but I'm from Wisconsin, the cold can't get to me more than it already has. And unless things have changed a lot with the campus-area bus system, there is a bus that runs from the bottom of Bascom Hill to the Bassett-Broom area very frequently all day until 2:00 in the morning.

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #121 on: May 30, 2008, 10:19:50 PM »
So walking from the Bassett neighborhood, even in winter, is doable? Just a pain?

Sure! It's about a mile from the farthest end of Bassett (at Wilson Street) to the law school. I think that's do-able, but I'm from Wisconsin, the cold can't get to me more than it already has. And unless things have changed a lot with the campus-area bus system, there is a bus that runs from the bottom of Bascom Hill to the Bassett-Broom area very frequently all day until 2:00 in the morning.

Oh excellent, thanks for the response! I will have to look into the bus system more, that would be a convinent way to go for those extra cold days! It'll be nice walking or biking during the nice days though :)

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #122 on: June 16, 2008, 09:23:33 PM »
Finally found an apartment! It's seeming a bit more real now that I've actually signed a lease...

Anyone else receive the information packet in the mail today? Pretty informative stuff!

laurafern11

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: June 19, 2008, 12:06:51 PM »
Congrats on the apartment!

It's getting a little more real for me now that I am weeks away from giving notice at my job.

I was happy to get the information packet. I'm even more excited to get my class schedule but I realize that is a ways off.

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 23, 2008, 08:59:33 AM »
Class of '11: For when you do get your class schedules: there is a facebook group called "Just say no to the UW Bookmart" where you should be able to pick up at least a couple of your books on the cheap.  There are also lists outside the bookmart door of students who are selling stuff.

You will definitely need to get a Bluebook, so you can start looking for those on Ebay now.  Good luck all!

laurafern11

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: June 23, 2008, 12:14:42 PM »
Class of '11: For when you do get your class schedules: there is a facebook group called "Just say no to the UW Bookmart" where you should be able to pick up at least a couple of your books on the cheap.  There are also lists outside the bookmart door of students who are selling stuff.

You will definitely need to get a Bluebook, so you can start looking for those on Ebay now.  Good luck all!

Thanks for the tip! Umm.. At risk of sounding extremely naive, what is a Bluebook?

HippieLawChick

• Sr. Citizen
  • Current 2L
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2008, 02:45:29 PM »
The Bluebook is the handbook for how to cite cases, journal articles, treatises, etc in law review articles, briefs, and other documents. 

www.legalbluebook.com

jumpman23

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: June 29, 2008, 09:15:13 AM »
So I am currently on the waitlist at Wisconsin and also Marquette.  I have sent in my LOCI to Wisconsin and holding out hope that I will be admitted sometime this summer.  This has been a long summer.  For those who have been admitted, I wanted to know if there is a seat deposit deadline.  Thanks

El_Che

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • 0L Musings
« Reply #128 on: June 29, 2008, 10:33:26 PM »
There's no seat deposit at UW They simply ask you to fill out a short form online saying whether or not you will be attending in the Fall.

laurafern11

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: July 14, 2008, 01:20:12 PM »
Just an FYI. I talked to the admissions office last week about the student health insurance plan and they mentioned that they will be mailing student schedules out by the end of July. I got really excited about that!