Law School Discussion

University of Wisconsin, Class of '11

El_Che

• View Profile
Re: University of Wisconsin, Class of '11
« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2008, 09:53:53 PM »
There is a facebook group up for Wisconsin Law 2011.  Jump on it!

Link?

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2008, 11:29:42 AM »
There is a facebook group up for Wisconsin Law 2011.  Jump on it!

I'm sure it'll be active in a few months once people decide on where they're going...

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2008, 10:59:58 AM »
Thanks lsatarist, I'll join after my visit if it makes it official for me ;)

XxWaitlistedxX

• LSD's newest Wisconsin troll...
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2008, 08:54:40 AM »
I got my acceptance email way back on 1/14.  After that I got several follow up emails, financial aid info and a campus ID#.

I have however, gotten absolutely no snail mail from them or info on how to accept the offer or a timeline for when deposit s are due.  Should I be worried?  It could be because my current address is weird and out of the way in a foreign country.  I have gotten some mailings here from other schools, but acceptance packets were all sent to my stateside address.  Did anyone get mailings from Wisco yet?

El_Che

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2008, 09:20:50 AM »
There is no seat deposit at Wisconsin. Instead, they will send a link sometime in March where you can either Accept or Decline your seat in the upcoming class. Not sure of when or if there is a due date to respond to the link though..

The mailings I have received have just been one on financial aid info and one which basically just has all this info: http://www.law.wisc.edu/prospective/admittedstudents1.html

When did you receive your campus ID #?

zardoz

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2008, 03:53:48 PM »
In at Wisconsin today via email.  Is this strange?  Everyone else seems to be getting snail mail, so I was a little surprised.  Also, in at Minnesota last week, so I guess I have a decision to make.  I am still waiting for a bunch of other decisions too, but WI and MN are my front runners right now.  Will visit both in the next month.  I got the email a little late to make it to ASW at WI this weekend, so I will be at the April one, I think.  It seems like a lot of people here applied both places and would choose MN over WI.  I am interested in hearing why...if I can ask that question in this thread (I guess this is supposed to be for decided people).  I think that WI has a lot to recommend it.

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2008, 07:25:30 AM »
really excited to be going to Sconnie...anyone going to the ASW this weekend? 

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2008, 09:27:11 AM »
really excited to be going to Sconnie...anyone going to the ASW this weekend? 

Sadly not, but I'm going the next weekend at least. Might check out the April ASW too.

Whoever is going to the ASW next weekend, please feel free to post your thoughts & experiences in this thread afterwards. I know it will be of great benefit to many of us who will be unable to attend, thanks!

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2008, 09:29:42 AM »
It seems like a lot of people here applied both places and would choose MN over WI.  I am interested in hearing why...

I think the 10 or so spots that MN is ahead of Wisco in the US News ranking influences a lot of people in that regard..whether right or wrong. Or else self-selction of people wanting to stay in Mpls as opposed to Wisconsin.