Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Penn State  (Read 5408 times)

cappimocha

• View Profile
Penn State
« on: February 13, 2008, 06:52:35 PM »
So I just got my acceptance to Penn State-Dickinson today, and was wondering if anyone knows if you can change your campus choice? I had chosen Carlisle on the application, but after doing more research and visiting the area, I'm wishing I'd chosen University Park. I know you can change after your first year, but can you request a change before you even start attending?

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Penn State
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2008, 06:23:42 AM »
That's a good question.  I think I may have seen something you cannot change until the next year once one picks, but I'm not sure. 

arich24

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
That's a good question.  I think I may have seen something you cannot change until the next year once one picks, but I'm not sure. 

I'm pretty sure that's right. I picked Carlisle as well; however, I'm happy with that choice and if I decide to go to Penn State, I will probably stay there all 3 years.  Just seems quaint and less "party undergrad."  Coming from a HUGE state undergrad, I'm looking to get away from that scene!

UnbiasedObserver

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 11:33:17 PM »

I'm pretty sure that's right. I picked Carlisle as well; however, I'm happy with that choice and if I decide to go to Penn State, I will probably stay there all 3 years.  Just seems quaint and less "party undergrad."  Coming from a HUGE state undergrad, I'm looking to get away from that scene!

You're right.  It's much more low-key at Carlisle. 

jsb221

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2008, 11:30:02 AM »
I would suggest calling the admissions office and asking. At UP, the new building is slated to be open in the spring, and the dean just yesterday in a meeting with students said even more students were going to be admitted next year than this year. So there's a chance that there is room for you.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2008, 06:00:12 PM »
I got a letter from the Director of Financial Aid that congratulated me on my acceptance...but I haven't received the actual acceptance packet yet.  I assume it is on its way.

Has this happened to anyone else or am I the lucky one?
Honorable Mention/All-Valley Tournament

camarogirlj

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2008, 09:49:40 PM »
I visited Penn State at University Park today and was pretty impressed.  Right now the school is in temporary buildings on campus, but the new (really awesome) building will be open for the 2nd semester next year.  The classrooms themselves in the temporary law school are nice and high tech.  Amazingly, there are plenty of things to do in State College, just don't expect there to be anything outside of the town.  If anyone has any questions feel free to ask me.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2008, 09:55:11 PM »
I chose University Park too.  What are you thinking about as far as housing is concerned?  I'd like to find a 1 bedroom or studio close to campus but I'm assuming this isn't the quietest of neighborhoods due to all the undergrad kids?

The new building sounds awesome.  I wonder if it will help the school get a little boost in the rankings?

I'm from the west coast so if I end up at Penn State I'm not sure what I'll do about the cold but it sounds like a fun place to go to school.

todesgebruell

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2008, 10:15:33 PM »
I chose University Park too.  What are you thinking about as far as housing is concerned?  I'd like to find a 1 bedroom or studio close to campus but I'm assuming this isn't the quietest of neighborhoods due to all the undergrad kids?

The new building sounds awesome.  I wonder if it will help the school get a little boost in the rankings?

I'm from the west coast so if I end up at Penn State I'm not sure what I'll do about the cold but it sounds like a fun place to go to school.

I'm at UPark now.  If you're looking for quiet, try a little bit north of campus instead of downtown.  Most of the noise is down near College Ave.  This would put you closer to the new law building too.

SCK2008

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2008, 10:32:27 PM »
Sounds good, thanks for the info.