Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: Seattle U: Information  (Read 10140 times)

ColvilleWA

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: Seattle U: Information
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »
Does anyone else hate that some status checkers only tell us if the decision has been mailed.  Why the hale don't they just tell us the decision online.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 19, 2008, 08:03:39 PM »
My status checker was also updated today, said the decision was mailed 2/15.  I went complete on 11/8 so let's hope these are all acceptance packages coming our ways!

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2008, 03:54:46 PM »
Anyone get any news today?  I'm really hoping these will be a batch of acceptance packages being sent out.  It seems like too many of us had our statuses updated on 2/15 for them to be a mixture of acceptances and rejections.  My wishful thinking is making me assume applications would continue to be pending rather than being rejected right now.  I have a feeling those of us with decisions mailed 2/15 will be getting offers.

siski

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 20, 2008, 03:58:18 PM »
It took about 10 or 12 days after I went 'decision mailed' on the status checker to actually get my decision, and I live in Oregon, which isn't that far away.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 20, 2008, 04:01:03 PM »
It took about 10 or 12 days after I went 'decision mailed' on the status checker to actually get my decision, and I live in Oregon, which isn't that far away.

Thanks for the input, makes sense.  And what was your decision?  Accepted I assume?

Now if only U of Oregon would hurry up...

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 20, 2008, 04:14:29 PM »
Wow that's late.  U of O is at least a slight reach for me (3.1/158), but I stalked your profile  ;) and you sound like an easy admit.

Still, if U of O feels sympathetic and offers me a seat I will scoop it up instantly.  They are my #1 choice of my remaining decisions.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 20, 2008, 04:23:55 PM »
My total list:

Accepted:  DePaul's part-time day program (I was initially waitlisted, and remain waitlisted for the full time program)

Rejected: CU and DU (both denied me EARLY, like early December)  CU is my alma mater. 

Pending:  Seattle U, U of O, Lewis and Clark, U of New Mexico, Arizona State, Marquette

So, yes I'm an out of stater.  I am aware that U of O admits something like 60% out of staters, but do you think the necessarily favor them, especially being a state-funded school?  CU's 1L class is required to be at least 55% CO residents, but that obviously didn't matter in my case, nor did me being a CU grad.  I was expecting a rejection, but in-state tuition would have been a dream, and CU's rank is quite appealing too.

Clayton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 20, 2008, 05:47:32 PM »
Wow that's late.  U of O is at least a slight reach for me (3.1/158), but I stalked your profile  ;) and you sound like an easy admit.

Still, if U of O feels sympathetic and offers me a seat I will scoop it up instantly.  They are my #1 choice of my remaining decisions.

I have the nearly the exact same numbers (3.11/158) as you and UO is also my number 1 choice. So far I have been accepted to Willamette with a 16k/year scholarship and Texas Tech.

I was deferred at Lewis and Clark and rejected at Arizona State.

It might take a couple of days for the Seattle letters to reach me down in Dallas, TX.

summerisnear

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 20, 2008, 07:17:46 PM »
Nice, well it sounds to me like this is a batch of acceptances.  The similar stats, varying completion dates (makes me think they've been comparing them all) and the same mail dates. 

Perhaps I was deferred at L & C, they sent me a letter a few weeks ago saying "no final decision can be made."  They might waitlist, sccept, or deny later in may or so.  Is that what is meant by deferred?

And as far as UO's out of state tuition, that's one thing that attracts me.  I don't think the tuitu=ion is that bad, comparatively. 

stuffedburrito

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 09:08:35 PM »
Good luck everyone!!! Tell me the good news once you receive your acceptance =)