Law School Discussion

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: [[]]] Warning about posting opinions on LSAT
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2004, 07:33:44 PM »
Because of the time differences, in some foreign countries, such as in Asian countries like Japan, they take the same LSAT test on Sunday.  They can wake up early and read the posts on websites, such as this one, and head to take the test.  Think about it.  You are helping them boost their scores by revealing the test questions and probably the answers too, and that means your chances at law schools go down.

Let's not be stupid.

You actually raised a very good point. People in the US can actually take this exact test on a Sunday citing religious reasons. Just a quick look at these boards will give away several questions, and maybe even the experimental section.

But in defense of the posters here (myself included), this is really the responsibility of a moderator who has the ability to prevent anything like this from escalating to the point that it has.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: .
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2004, 07:35:20 PM »
when students take a test on a different day (as you cited, the sunday tests), i don't think those are the same test as the saturday test.  aren't those ones undisclosed, like the february test?  i think LSAC is smart enough not to give a duplicate test on saturday and sunday.

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2004, 07:37:56 PM »
when students take a test on a different day (as you cited, the sunday tests), i don't think those are the same test as the saturday test.  aren't those ones undisclosed, like the february test?  i think LSAC is smart enough not to give a duplicate test on saturday and sunday.

For the sake of the people who took the test today, I would hope so, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if the Sunday test takers were sitting for an identical set of exams...

_EKC_

• LisBeth
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2004, 07:50:55 PM »
Don't you think that, if this were a potential problem, LSAC would make us sign something saying that we wouldn't discuss the test afterwards? I mean, we're not allowed to talk about it during the break, but they never say not to talk about it when you leave.

EKC

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2004, 07:53:30 PM »
ok. a jap student (foreign exchange student at the time) once told me in our Kaplan class.
LSAC gives out the SAME test.  So what they do in Japan is some people print out these reviews in the morning and they share the info at the test site before the test.

tjordan90

• 3.44 / 164
    • AOL Instant Messenger - tjordan90
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2004, 07:54:21 PM »
Does anybody actually remember the statement we had to write out by hand?  Was there something in there about disclosing information or something like that?  I ask because I was so anxious and loaded with caffeine that I could barely remember how to write in cursive.  I could've written away my first born son I was so focused on proper formation of capital curisve Ls, Ss, As, and Cs.

arc87

• View Profile
    • ScenarioSolver
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2004, 07:55:09 PM »
DAMn, I wish I had this thread the night before, I could pick up a shitload of information.  That really sucks if we can't dip into the till and steal when others can.

TDPookie1

• the sugar cane is back!
    • AOL Instant Messenger - PookieEsq2B
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2004, 08:09:44 PM »
Does anybody actually remember the statement we had to write out by hand?  Was there something in there about disclosing information or something like that?  I ask because I was so anxious and loaded with caffeine that I could barely remember how to write in cursive.  I could've written away my first born son I was so focused on proper formation of capital curisve Ls, Ss, As, and Cs.

i think it was just saying we wouldn't cheat, we are who we say we are, we're taking the test for the sole purpose of applying to law school.  and were we really supposed to write that in cursive?  i took it in june, but i was writing SO slowly, and it seemed like everyone around me was already done, so i erased my entire statement and just printed it.  i haven't written in cursive since 7th grade.  i never had any problems about it either.  i just thought the whole cursive thing was weird.

Butch

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2004, 08:18:59 PM »
DAMn, I wish I had this thread the night before, I could pick up a shitload of information.  That really sucks if we can't dip into the till and steal when others can.

The funny thing is that law students (applicants) are Sooooooooooooooooo damned competitive that there's probably some mofo lining up to tix to japan for the december date. he'll take his laptop, log on to this site the night before to get our feedback and try to get a "heads up". LOL.  I can totally see that happening.  Don't tell me ya aren't thinking about it guys.

foxnewssucks

Re: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2004, 08:19:49 PM »
I would think that they get a different test.