Law School Discussion

Nightmare

Nightmare
« on: February 12, 2008, 03:06:09 PM »
Anyone have the nightmare where they get their LSATs back only to learn they had misbubbled the whole exam? ugh, scary!

EarlCat

• i'm in ur LSAT blowin' ur curve
    • View Profile
    • EarlDoesLSAT.com
Re: Nightmare
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 04:31:55 PM »
On a more serious note, if you believed you misbubbled, you can request that your test be hand graded taking that into consideration.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 04:59:10 PM »
But since Feb. Test is not disclosed, how would anyone know if they misbubbled? (Aside from getting a lot lower score then expected)

xaser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 05:18:54 PM »
hmm... will handscoring able to detect if you put all ur answers up/down 1 question? I have no idea what they take into consideration when handscoring

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 05:21:19 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it too much, because if you can't figure out which bubble to bubble you're probably not smart enough to become a lawyer. So, if your nightmare does become reality you should rejoice, since you now you won't waste money by failing out of LS. Seems like you win either way  ;)

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 05:41:59 PM »
hmm... will handscoring able to detect if you put all ur answers up/down 1 question? I have no idea what they take into consideration when handscoring

Yup, if you ask them to check for that. When you ask for handscoring, you have to tell them why you think you want it, ie "I started misbubbling in the second section and I think I might have skipped two questions but not two bubbles making all my answers off by 2" They'll look out for that, and adjust your score accordingly.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 08:59:22 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it too much, because if you can't figure out which bubble to bubble you're probably not smart enough to become a lawyer. So, if your nightmare does become reality you should rejoice, since you now you won't waste money by failing out of LS. Seems like you win either way  ;)
I found this post to be hilarious. So, are lawyers not allowed to make mistakes? If so, then it looks like becoming a lawyer would be a nightmare.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 10:11:18 PM »
Speaking of misbubbling...

I actually misbubbled and lost 8 questions to it on my first LSAT. I noticed it because, for one, I missed that many questions in one section; I also had every correct answer one bubble early. That said, I somehow didn't circle an extra bubble on the scantron (25 bubbles for the 25 q's). I've always been told they only score your answer sheet and hand scoring checks to make sure the machine didn't record eraser marks and things like that; I'm fairly certain that is how it is. Anyone think differently?

Also, I retook and happily got 11 points higher.

woeisme

• Untouchable
    • View Profile
    • LSN
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 11:26:14 PM »
On a more serious note, if you believed you misbubbled, you can request that your test be hand graded taking that into consideration.

Huh? Really?

J_

• YOU! Yeah!!!! That guy!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2008, 12:35:25 AM »
I had a dream I before December score release that I scored a 165 (I was testing consistently in low 170s).  When I got my real score, it was a 166.    Recently I had a dream I scored a 172.   I hope this means I scored a 171, but I seriously doubt it lol.   Probably end up being much closed to my 166 score.

I also had a nightmare last night that I got rejected by Boalt, which is strange considering I didn't even apply to Boalt because I'm in no way competetive there.   No idea what that was all about lol.