Law School Discussion

chiashu down?

rwhitman

Re: chiashu down?
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2004, 01:22:54 PM »
That would make sense.  After all, if you go to Chiasu, you're probably a nut to start with!

ZAP

chiashu not chiasu.  Guess that shows who the poser is here  ;)

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2004, 01:24:28 PM »
That would make sense.  After all, if you go to Chiasu, you're probably a nut to start with!

ZAP

Wow, I can't believe I thought it was Chiasu all this time!  For the record, so did inthesun.  I hope you're not calling HER a poser!

ZAP

rwhitman

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2004, 01:28:13 PM »

ZAP

Wow, I can't believe I thought it was Chiasu all this time!  For the record, so did inthesun.  I hope you're not calling HER a poser!

ZAP

well if we're resorting to name calling i think i can come up with better ones that that for inthesun...hottie comes to mind :)

Booyakasha.  Respect.

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2004, 01:29:59 PM »
Oh, and by the way, it's "poseur".  Look it up if you don't believe me.  I guess we can all see who the real "poseur" is. ;)

ZAP

rwhitman

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2004, 01:35:04 PM »
Oh, and by the way, it's "poseur".  Look it up if you don't believe me.  I guess we can all see who the real "poseur" is. ;)

ZAP

Sorry don't have a french dictionary available, only an english one.
It IS apparent who the real nerd is though :)

« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2004, 01:39:31 PM »
According to (the English, not French) dictionary.com:

Poseur - "One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others."

Yup.  PWN3D. 

And yeah, I'm a Scrabble nerd.  I'm fine with that.

ZAP

rwhitman

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2004, 01:40:47 PM »
According to (the English, not French) dictionary.com:

Poseur - "One who affects a particular attribute, attitude, or identity to impress or influence others."

Yup.  PWN3D. 

And yeah, I'm a Scrabble nerd.  I'm fine with that.

ZAP

I want a second opinion. Where is Lexy when you need her!?!?!

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2004, 01:46:21 PM »
Actually, poser is also an acceptable spelling, although it does reference you back to poseur.  I think it became this way because of popular usage... originally it was poseur, but people started spelling it poser and in time, it became a self-fulfilling prophecy.

I just made all that up, by the way. ;)

ZAP