Law School Discussion

-

botbot

• View Profile
Re: Deloggio Posted New News RE: Houston Forum and Held Applications
« Reply #40 on: February 12, 2008, 02:04:16 PM »
I just see it differently, since we don't know the context of quote.  Was she talking about geographical location?  Public interest?  I don't know.  I don't associate that with a "misunderstanding of the process."

Does she actually perform sub-median miracles?  I don't know.  Maybe, maybe not.  But I think if you're going to accuse someone of scamming and jeopardize the reputation of their business, you better be able to back it up.

Deloggio is just one of many that utilize the fear of the scary law school world to prey on the insecurities of future law students in order to make a quick buck (read: thousands of bucks).

I'm not going to delve into her bull, but I stand by my accusation.

« Reply #41 on: February 12, 2008, 02:17:03 PM »
and that's why she maintains a web site full of useful information for free?

if you don't like her services don't use them, don't put them down.

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2008, 02:23:15 PM »
and that's why she maintains a web site full of useful information for free?

if you don't like her services don't use them, don't put them down.

It isn't that I "don't like" her services - it's that her "services" are misleading and often wrong.  Her indexes & feeding charts are ridiculous.

Sure there is some accurate (and even helpful) information there, just don't put any more faith in her words than the words you read on this website (so not much).

(and let us not kid ourselves on why she maintains the website)

« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2008, 02:33:39 PM »
I knew she was controversial.  She has her opinions like we all do, but I think a lot of her observations, especially like the ones I posted, are correct because shes out there talking to all the adcom at these forums, AND why would they lie to her?  She has nothing to gain/lose from the specific information.

Well one I know that Adcoms do not like this lady.  We had a law school caravan at our school last year and 3 adcoms gave a presentation. Afterwards, I over heard the Adcoms speaking with our pre-law advisor on how rude she is.  They stated that they feel very sorry for the people who hire her to help them because they do not feel that she provides much of a service.  I overheard one adcom telling a story where Deloggio interrupted one student asking questions and told the student that she has a client that needs to ask some questions if you don't mind.  Anyways that kind of behavior could probably get (1) Adcoms not to like you and (2) possibly give you erroneous information.

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2008, 02:43:07 PM »
I knew she was controversial.  She has her opinions like we all do, but I think a lot of her observations, especially like the ones I posted, are correct because shes out there talking to all the adcom at these forums, AND why would they lie to her?  She has nothing to gain/lose from the specific information.

Well one I know that Adcoms do not like this lady.  We had a law school caravan at our school last year and 3 adcoms gave a presentation. Afterwards, I over heard the Adcoms speaking with our pre-law advisor on how rude she is.  They stated that they feel very sorry for the people who hire her to help them because they do not feel that she provides much of a service.  I overheard one adcom telling a story where Deloggio interrupted one student asking questions and told the student that she has a client that needs to ask some questions if you don't mind.  Anyways that kind of behavior could probably get (1) Adcoms not to like you and (2) possibly give you erroneous information.

Credited.  Adcoms dislike admissions counselors anyways, but there is an almost universal hatred towards her.  One UGA adcom referred to her as a "vulture" when asked about her services during a forum.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2008, 02:54:13 PM »
As long as she backs up what she says with empirical data, and a lot of her stuff is, then who cares if shes a monster.

botbot

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2008, 02:57:50 PM »
As long as she backs up what she says with empirical data, and a lot of her stuff is, then who cares if shes a monster.

Teach me about said data.

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2008, 07:28:50 PM »
As far as adcoms not liking her, I imagine they're not too crazy about this place either.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2008, 07:51:48 PM »
Totally.

4RE

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2008, 09:49:25 PM »

If that's true, that's completely disrespectful.  I would be embarrassed if I were that student client as well.

But her website has been helpful to me, especially as a URM applicant.  Free, too, so no complaints here.  It's best not to believe the entire word of just one person.  An amalgam from many different sources worked quite well for me.