Law School Discussion

-

Re: Deloggio Posted New News RE: Houston Forum and Held Applications
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2008, 11:01:54 AM »
I obviously have no idea if the number of applicants have increased or decreased, but just because application volume has increased, doesn't mean there are more applicants.  It could just be that people are applying to many more schools than last year, and I think other posters have suggested this before.

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2008, 11:04:23 AM »
Furthermore, if the coasts are submerged do you think that Stanford and Harvard will be #1-3 regardless of being underwater?

Look at them sharing that book. So collaborative. Must not be HLS 2023.

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2008, 11:47:24 AM »
Penny hit exactly what I came here to post. It's very interesting to see that applications are up in certain regions, while not others. I wish she would specify if this applies to national and semi-national schools more or less or the same as others.

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2008, 12:00:59 PM »
I'm really hoping that this just means that the number of applications people are sending out is up and not the number of applicants. If the number of applicants is the same or lower I would think that would mean that there is a pretty good shot of getting in off of deferrals/waitlists.

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2008, 12:06:57 PM »
I'm really hoping that this just means that the number of applications people are sending out is up and not the number of applicants. If the number of applicants is the same or lower I would think that would mean that there is a pretty good shot of getting in off of deferrals/waitlists.

I've read somewhere (and I will try to find my source in order to substantiate this claim) that while APPLICATIONS are up, APPLICANTS are down.

I know applicants tend to go up during a recession, but since the recession is fairly new, I don't think that has impacted this cycle much. I think that is going to be a bigger factor in next year's.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2008, 12:16:58 PM »
I think bold is beautiful.

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile

UFBoldAsLove

• Go Gators.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2008, 12:21:41 PM »
I think bold is beautiful.

LOL.  If that's bold (and her mom?) in that picture, then yes, they are both very beautiful women :)

How on-topic ;)

Ack! Everyone thinks that is my mom. My poor sister. I suppose she does look kind of matronly in the pic, but IRL she is a very cute 26 y/o who looks her age.

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2008, 12:22:10 PM »
I think her logic is solid, but I think she read this on here. Anyone want to write deloggio and ask her? I think since we've been on AboveTheLaw and Leiter's blog, we're now a solid and noted pre-law constituent group. I don't think she'd mind a question from us, especially if we mentioned that we're all debating her comments here.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2008, 12:46:20 PM »
Only if Wallace writes the letter