-

-----

-
« on: February 12, 2008, 06:27:29 AM »
-

Re: Deloggio Posted New News
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 07:30:37 AM »

What if you've already applied?

If you have not yet heard from the law school, sending an addendum is a bad idea.  Your application will be pulled from the work flow and moved to the end of the stack. This might reduce an already-slim chance of admission.  Once you've been wait-listed, however, a good statement of interest can become valuable.

"Information provided by the DeLoggio Admissions Achievement Program.  Further information is available at <http://www.deloggio.com>, or by e-mail at <deloggio@mindspring.com>"

I'm going to the back of the line for sending an addendum!?  I wish I had known this a few days ago... great...

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
Re: Deloggio Posted New News
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 07:39:59 AM »
I bet that varies by school. I quick call could tell you whether or not to wait.

Re: Deloggio Posted New News RE: Houston Forum and Held Applications
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2008, 08:15:29 AM »
LOCI EVERY Friday. EVERY EVERY EVERY.

$Bill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2008, 08:23:08 AM »
I wonder if I should send a LOCI before I am waitlisted or deferred, as I assume I will be as per Northeastern's LSN profile.  I mean it has been a while since I applied. 

"Yes!  Virtually every law school said that a statement of interest in their school could make an enormous difference. Many of the admissions officers who said this represent schools that do not ask the question on the application.  However, they also made it clear that generic or uninformed statements count as no statements. So if you're going to try this strategy, you'd better be prepared to tell them a good deal more than their US News ranking. Also, remember to tell them why the information is important to you.  The representative for Northwestern laughed along with me when I told him of my client who wrote, "Northwestern Law School is right on Lake Michigan" without explaining why she cared about this."

I think Ill send one out this afternoon

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2008, 08:35:02 AM »
applications have increased 20-30% in some schools? lovely :-\

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2008, 08:41:18 AM »
I wonder which schools did increase. I'm guessing at least Vandy because of the higher proportion of 166 WL's.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2008, 09:00:32 AM »
I wonder which schools did increase. I'm guessing at least Vandy because of the higher proportion of 166 WL's.

I got an e-mail from UIUC saying their apps were up 33% from last year.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2008, 09:14:38 AM »

I got an e-mail from UIUC saying their apps were up 33% from last year.

That's pretty significant...

definitely, I'm guessing it's because of at least two factors:

1.) Impending Recession
2.) That WSJ article about the importance of attending a top school, whether it's t14, t25, or t50.

I am Penny Lane

• Manager of the "Get Dotlyn to go to FSU" Campaign!
    • View Profile
    • LSN - What do you think of my choices?
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2008, 09:17:36 AM »
Now I don't feel like such a horrible applicant. Hmmm. It could be good for those of us who REALLY want to do law once we start school... there could be quite a few people who are not gunning for the top of the class or chasing after the best jobs b/c law isn't really a dream for them.

Thoughts?