Law School Discussion

LSD CHAT

Re: LSD CHAT
« Reply #40 on: February 13, 2008, 01:11:10 PM »
^ lol, brico i just noticed your lucille avatar! i love it! are you a fan of the show or just the actress?

« Reply #41 on: February 13, 2008, 01:15:34 PM »
^ since when do you extend invitations so liberally, rambis? i had to fight for mine until mugatu finally gave in. but i won't stand in the way of dash's MAS induction. she's a good person so far

« Reply #42 on: February 13, 2008, 02:02:44 PM »
Xman what are you doing on Valentine's Day? Any special lady/guy to share it with?

« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2008, 02:04:01 PM »
Xman what are you doing on Valentine's Day? Any special lady/guy to share it with?

TITCQ!

::grabs bag of popcorn, gets comfortable::

« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2008, 02:12:03 PM »
enlighten us, Xman.

« Reply #45 on: February 13, 2008, 02:13:31 PM »
biglu, i don't generally like to share my personal plans with online posters just because it's traditionally and unsafe practice (for those of you that didn't know, adcomms frequent the boards to decipher who you may be). my plans are still being formulated as i type because i have a few LSD windows open to PM a few people i think might be willing to be e-valentines, lol. they were just kind of giving me signals in some threads earlier and i thought why not make something of it, who knows where it could lead- probably nowhere but there's no harm in talking to people and establishing relationships with them in case i ever meet some of these people in law school or just on a day visit to their city (just because a lot of people here live in big cities that i would like to visit sometime).

so far, i haven't gotten any responses from the girls i've PMed asking to be my e-valentine but that's because they just haven't been around today- i noticed they haven't been posting much today. as far as physical plans go, i still have some time before valentines day and i don't think it'll be too hard to find some hot dates, lol. jk about that but if i do find some willing girls, i would do all the traditional valentine things like buy chocolates, pick up some flowers, maybe some vanilla ice cream, candles for the mood, and etc.

there's always a chance i'll be spending it on AIM if i get a response from a MAS girl

« Reply #46 on: February 13, 2008, 02:14:49 PM »
biglu, i don't generally like to share my personal plans with online posters just because it's traditionally and unsafe practice (for those of you that didn't know, adcomms frequent the boards to decipher who you may be). my plans are still being formulated as i type because i have a few LSD windows open to PM a few people i think might be willing to be e-valentines, lol. they were just kind of giving me signals in some threads earlier and i thought why not make something of it, who knows where it could lead- probably nowhere but there's no harm in talking to people and establishing relationships with them in case i ever meet some of these people in law school or just on a day visit to their city (just because a lot of people here live in big cities that i would like to visit sometime).

so far, i haven't gotten any responses from the girls i've PMed asking to be my e-valentine but that's because they just haven't been around today- i noticed they haven't been posting much today. as far as physical plans go, i still have some time before valentines day and i don't think it'll be too hard to find some hot dates, lol. jk about that but if i do find some willing girls, i would do all the traditional valentine things like buy chocolates, pick up some flowers, maybe some vanilla ice cream, candles for the mood, and etc.

there's always a chance i'll be spending it on AIM if i get a response from a MAS girl

i might print this out

Thistle

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 13, 2008, 02:15:10 PM »
i would like to see xman spend some time sharing his particular logic in wiimote's threads. 

as a matter of fact i would LOVE to see that.

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2008, 02:31:19 PM »
Xman, thanks for the great response. I feel like I may have judged you prematurely. Out of curiosity, why are you more willing to devote time to the possibility of an e-date than a real one? One piece of advice that gets thrown around often is that it's important to sometimes separate yourself from law school so that it doesn't consume every part of your life. Don't you think it would be wise to avoid these girls, who first frequented this site to discuss law school, and instead focus on one who lives near you and is interested in other things? As they say, "opposites attract."

« Reply #49 on: February 13, 2008, 02:42:24 PM »
^ when i was considering a major in physics, we learned that opposites attract...but only if they're near each other. this is why i'm trying to get near to some specific people here. further, i'll denounce you on the following point: who's to say that i'm opposites with anyone here? i've found (through simple interactions with posters, several PMs, hidden sexual and flirtatious signals, and a fair amount of analytical acumen, that i am truly quite on par with many posters here, and the fact that those posters are females i largely coincidental. but i must acquiesce and go with my instincts- which is why i'm trying to get an e-valentine. (for the private record, i don't like the term e-date because it fosters a sort of sexual image that smells of creepiness).

what i'll add to this is that the reason i'm trying to get closer to online posters while simultaneously distancing myself from the cycle's woes is because i find it very refreshing (like a digital shower) to be speaking with real humans on the other end of these keyboards and computer screens. although you may not understand it, certain connections (not just electronic) can be formed with the right amount of effort and patience. i'm doing both through my posts with the MASers (even the new inductees) and through PMs to several posters explaining that i am simply looking for what can be considered a communal spirit.

you're right about this process consuming every aspect of my life, but i will not allow it to consume me as a whole- what i mean by that is that i will allow it to proverbially nibble at certain sectors of my life but i will never let it overtake my entire person or consciousness. this is why i come here, to engage many of you and formulate friendships with others. i'm happy to say that i've created some good friends here (thought sometimes, i'll admit, it seems like most of you only like me because we belong to MAS, in the same way sororities and fraternities work. but i have faith that the ideal poster is out there, and that through enough PMs (always politely sent, of course) i can find a fun e-valentine. if AIM isn't an option with some of them, PMing all night tomorrow won't be beneath me.