Law School Discussion

"Suzie" Estrich - Faux News Political Commentary BABE

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
"Suzie" Estrich - Faux News Political Commentary BABE
« on: February 11, 2008, 11:30:07 AM »
There's just something about that burned-out chain smoker leathery face and Marge Simpson's sister's voice that spells a-m-b-r-o-s-i-a for me.  I'm applying to USC for sure now.

And that's not even considering that highly successful Dukakis Presidential campaign she managed 20 years ago...the one that she features prominently in her bio.

Re: "Suzie" Estrich - Faux News Political Commentary BABE
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 12:09:19 PM »
Did you read her book? ::)

She would undercut her advice to be open minded about different possibilities, and that not getting into a top 20 School really doesn't matter in the long run with elitist name-dropping. She'd say something like "Hey, Case Western is a good school, and Cleveland is an emerging legal market. You could do a lot worse."

Then, seriously, she'd write 3 pages later:

"Law school is where you'll end up for life. Can't get into a top 15 school? You can still go to school, but you'll be stuck. Stuck in Cleveland? Don't say I didn't warn you."

I'm paraphrasing, but she alternated between being condescending and patronizing.  It was sickening.

Steve Jones

• Dir of Admissions, Florida Coastal School of Law
    • View Profile
Re: "Suzie" Estrich - Faux News Political Commentary BABE
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 01:36:41 PM »
Did you read her book? ::)

She would undercut her advice to be open minded about different possibilities, and that not getting into a top 20 School really doesn't matter in the long run with elitist name-dropping. She'd say something like "Hey, Case Western is a good school, and Cleveland is an emerging legal market. You could do a lot worse."

Then, seriously, she'd write 3 pages later:

"Law school is where you'll end up for life. Can't get into a top 15 school? You can still go to school, but you'll be stuck. Stuck in Cleveland? Don't say I didn't warn you."

I'm paraphrasing, but she alternated between being condescending and patronizing.  It was sickening.

Stuck in Cleveland?  You could do a lot worse.  You could be stuck in Watts  ;D

Speaking of which, where does USC sit within the Top 15 ???