Law School Discussion

Harvard Status Checker Update

Harvard Status Checker Update
« on: February 11, 2008, 08:13:30 AM »
Anyone else's status checker get updated today? Current status date used to say Jan. 15, I went complete on Jan 24, and now the current status date says Feb 11.  Looks like maybe they're starting to look at later applications after the all the deferrals they sent out last week.  Totally expecting my rejection e-mail at any moment.

Re: Harvard Status Checker Update
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 08:39:20 AM »
Nothing happening here. I went complete on January 17, but my current status date is January 7.

Like you though, I expect a rejection e-mail any day now.

Rhymnoceros

• "I'm the mother flippin'"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2008, 08:43:34 AM »
No change for me either. Complete Jan 11 but my last status date is dec 12. I don't know why there's a whole month between those dates, but whatever. 

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2008, 08:52:07 AM »
Update: Just got an e-mail from Harvard... and it's a deferral!  I'll gladly take a deferral. 

The e-mail said they wanted to give me an update on my application since I've been complete for approximately two months.... strange thing is I've been complete a little over two weeks.

TallisUmbras

• The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2008, 09:58:45 AM »
I got the same email jitcher...cool!

Has anyone called about the whole two-month thing? I went complete mid-january as well.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2008, 10:15:42 AM »

Has anyone called about the whole two-month thing? I went complete mid-january as well.

don't call.

Rhymnoceros

• "I'm the mother flippin'"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 10:17:49 AM »

It's probably just a form letter. I don't really think it makes a difference. As long as your status checker has the correct date for completion, then you know that Harvard actually knows when you went complete.

But then again I avoid calling schools at all costs. I only see it as leading to annoyance.

TallisUmbras

• The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 10:30:15 AM »

don't call.

Too late, though I probably would not have taken the advice anyway. Sorry, lovebutton :) A very nice person in admissions didn't look at my file but said the email was meant to let applicants know they would be undergoing a second round of consideration. I asked about the two month line and the person I spoke to didn't directly address it. I was left with the impression that it is a form email (obvious as that might seem, I don't believe it hurts to ask.) Congrats to everyone who received it today :)

Does anyone know how this has played out in past years?

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 10:31:28 AM »
And what does it mean for people who have been complete longer who didn't receive the email?

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 10:35:44 AM »
will you guys be letting them know you're sending additional information, or just sending it in hoping it gets there before they review your file again?

Got the deferral email this morning