Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: LOCI  (Read 1483 times)

lawgal33

• View Profile
LOCI
« on: February 09, 2008, 08:08:11 PM »

Does anyone know how to write one of these letters. I got waitlisted at one of my reacch schools and would like to write a letter. 

Any tips would help or a sample letter.

thanks in advance!
you may say Im a dreamer...but im not the only 1

http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/display.php?user=lawgal11

LSAT: 164
GPA: 3.56

LuvHurtz

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: LOCI
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2008, 01:31:31 PM »
Basically the point of a LOCI is to convey your interest in the school. You can talk about what about the school makes you think it is a good fit for you. Also try to convey that they are your first choice, if they are, without sounding like you are begging. IMO, a LOCI won't have a huge affect on your decision one way or the other. But if schools take candidates off the waitlist, I'm sure they would rather it be someone that they feel really wants to attend. Try to convey that in your letter.

AJ

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2008, 12:43:11 PM »
what about including an additional LOR with the LOCI?

I'm particularly interested in a school that already has received two LORs through LSDAS. Would another LOR possibly be helpful? If so, what would be the best method to have this transmitted to the school? Would it look bad to the school if this additional LOR was transmitted along with your LOCI, i.e. they would obviously know that the applicant has seen the LOR. 

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2008, 11:07:02 PM »
When should one start sending out the LOCIs?  I know after one is waitlisted, but what is the time frame to send them out after being notified of the waitlist.  A couple of weeks, a month, two months, etc?