Law School Discussion

GULC Admitted Students Reception March 27-28

GULC Admitted Students Reception March 27-28
« on: February 09, 2008, 02:40:10 PM »
I will be there. Who else is going?

A couple of questions for the people who went in January:

Is the schedule of events for March the same for what you did?

Where did you stay?

Re: GULC Admitted Students Reception March 27-28
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 03:31:33 PM »
I don't know whether I'll be at the GULC ASW or not.  It depends on whether or not I get into Penn, because their ASW is the same time.  I don't know what I'll do in that case, since I'd really like to visit both.

dontpanic

• t-t-t-t-t-tell me
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 04:17:04 PM »
I'll be there!  I'm really excited about it.

orangie

• GULC '10
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2008, 05:36:26 PM »
tag

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2008, 03:32:01 AM »
Congratulations on GULC Trump!

jdr145

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2008, 08:54:29 AM »
I will be there. Who else is going?

A couple of questions for the people who went in January:

Is the schedule of events for March the same for what you did?

Where did you stay?

I stayed with a student.

As to the schedule.  The timing of everything is very different (not that it matters..) though there is a lot of overlap, like financial aid, student Q&A, discussion of current legal issues, lunch with profs, campus tour.

The twilight bus tour and student organizations fair are different....We had a night out in DC and the Justice Ginsberg/Baroness Hale discussion instead.

hope that helps  :)

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2008, 09:42:24 AM »
Congratulations on GULC Trump!

ac34

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2008, 01:39:00 PM »
I can't make it...

March will be a really busy month at work, so I pretty much had to choose between Michigan and Georgetown's events. I live within a few hours' drive of DC, so I figured I could easily go there some random weekend instead. I've been to DC many times, and never been in the state of Michigan, so it'd probably be more valuable for me to spend the full weekend in Michigan.

I'm still hoping to get off Penn's waitlist by the end of March, but I spent four years there, so it's probably not necessary for me to spend too much time visiting there!

jdr145

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 01:50:14 PM »
Why is it the same weekend as Penn's?!  To everyone who went last time, how helpful was the second day (especially the Financial Aid Presentation and Lunch with Professors).  Also, am I just missing this or did they not invite us to sit in on classes?

I really should have been less cheap and gone to the one in January. 

Personally, I thought the financial aid session was helpful--both in terms of Georgetown and understanding the loans process in general (they go over where you can get better interest rates depending on your credit rating and how to increase your credit rating, etc).  I also thought the lunch with professors was helpful.  It's more or less a question and answer by the students to a professor while you get to eat.  I thought it was very candid and nice.

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 03:55:09 PM »
gulc's asw is thursday thru friday afternoon, while penn's is friday thru saturday afternoon. I for one am going to take the train from dc to philly friday morning...