Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 217317 times)

Paul Harvey

• View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #920 on: March 04, 2009, 08:40:50 PM »
My schools are in on a joke I'm apparently not privy to - waitlisted at Oklahoma.

Good evening fellow Americans.  A few years back, a bright young man pursued a solid yet somewhat underwhelming college career.  While he always knew his ability to apply logic to argument placed in him in unique company, he largely coasted through seven years of undergraduate studies.  This was not due to apathy, but because he believed that his true gifts lent themselves to success within the entertainment industry.  Thus, instead of spending hours in the library, his friends knew that they could find him singing in his church choir, open-mic night at the local bar, or even in the shower; any place where he could strengthen and perfect his valued vocal chords.  Upon completion of his Bachelor’s degree, this young man was finally prepared to enter into the music industry.

In 2004, his aspirations took him to Los Angeles where he auditioned for American Idol.  Unfortunately, his dreams were dashed when his soulless rendition of Ricky Martin’s “She Bangs” was panned by the trio of American Idol judges.  After a brief recording career, it was evident that his dreams of stardom were over.

Falling back upon his superior logical and analytical reasoning skills as demonstrated by his impressive LSAT score, he sent out a plethora of applications to our nation’s finest law schools. 

While his transcripts seemed to have been in order, his dreams were once again dashed by his personal statement describing his failed musical endeavor.  Scared that he would try to participate in events such as the University of Chicago’s musical, law school after law school denied or waitlisted his application; further endearing him into the hearts of America.  Although he has enjoyed a couple of admissions, the spectators at LawSchoolDiscussion.org faithfully tune in everyday in hopes that good news will finally arrive at the doorstep of America’s favorite applicant.

You may think you know him best by the name of William Hung, but in fact, this is the plight of tcwhat.  And now you know the ressssssttttt of the story.  Good day!

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: March 04, 2009, 11:41:37 PM »
well done. 

i'm sure tc is pround to be considered the william hung of the law school cycle.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: March 05, 2009, 05:56:27 AM »
well done. 

i'm sure tc is pround to be considered the william hung of the law school cycle.

Proud? It is an HONOR.

That actually gave me a nice chuckle this morning.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: March 05, 2009, 05:25:56 PM »
yeah, i tripped out on that last night also...

well done PH

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: March 09, 2009, 06:57:19 PM »
waitlisted @ UT

non parata est

• Sr. Citizen
  • buh??
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: March 10, 2009, 10:32:15 AM »
May I ask how you heard?
Quote from: Lionel Hutz, Esq.
Well he's had it in for me ever since I kinda ran over his dog... Well, replace the word "kinda" with "repeatedly" and the word "dog" with "son."

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: March 10, 2009, 11:06:47 AM »
May I ask how you heard?

I checked the status checker yesterday and saw the news.

To make sure I understood they sent me an email early this morning.

just Trev

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: March 10, 2009, 12:24:58 PM »
very thorough of them...

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: March 10, 2009, 12:52:46 PM »
You should call and tell them that your status checker and e-mail say you got WL'ed.  Then ask them to confirm.

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: March 10, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »
May I ask how you heard?

It is probably worth mentioning that I am instate as well.

very thorough of them...

I think they are still annoyed that I didn't attend there for undergrad and are rubbing it in my face now.

"How dare this instate student reject out undergrad offer - WAITLIST"