Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 219035 times)

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #890 on: February 22, 2009, 09:04:27 PM »
out at berkeley via status checker, quite possibly the worst means of notification.  i feel dirty and cheap.

logickills-

i can't even begin to explain HOW MUCH i agree with you.  i was rejected earlier this month (after having gone to committee review only..like..literally 3 weeks before), and the fast-turnaround + online-rejection-I'm-not-even-worth-an-email-or-letterhead?! really put me in the dumps for a few days.  i didnt get any work done.  damn.  i almost want to demand my app fee back. 

no love from the west coast....

Why did they do that? I got a letter in the mail. How do these schools decide who they're going to deny and how they're going to deny them? I interned in undergrad admissions after I graduated...I want to do the same in law school. I am so curious about it. 

sigh, who knows.  i have a question, though, since u've been backstage with an UG admissions office: ARE THEY REALLY *THAT* BUSY?

i mean...i know they're busy.  but...on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Barack Obama on the campaign trail. 

Undergrad admissions is more busy than grad admissions from what I understand, I'd say a 9.5 in comparison to a Barack campaign trail ("10").

But grad admissions hires file readers who do nothing but read files full-time. They really are that busy, even though it doesn't look like it. The law admissions file reader spends anywhere from 15-45 minutes on a file, depending on the content. But you already know that. More complicated files take 1-1.5 hrs, and really complicated ones even more. If they audit/screen your file, then it's about five days with one reader before your file can be passed on to the next reader, b/c they have to talk to your profs and employer. The rest of the readers take the average 15-45 minutes. That's all I know about law admissions.

In undergrad, files get read by more readers at a school like my undergrad. But it's not like they constantly all sit at a table and argue over an applicant, though it does happen on occasion.  I processed files, but I was not a reader. And that was Hell; it took forever.  I took the internship b/c I thought I wanted to go into univesity administration. Now? No thanks!

Like I said, I'd love to see how they make their decisions, but I wouldn't want it as a career.

Did berkeley send you a followup letter advising you to take advantage of the transfer option? That's what my letter said. I don't care anyways, I'm going to NULaw.

logickills

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: February 23, 2009, 12:35:03 AM »
out at berkeley via status checker, quite possibly the worst means of notification.  i feel dirty and cheap.

logickills-

i can't even begin to explain HOW MUCH i agree with you.  i was rejected earlier this month (after having gone to committee review only..like..literally 3 weeks before), and the fast-turnaround + online-rejection-I'm-not-even-worth-an-email-or-letterhead?! really put me in the dumps for a few days.  i didnt get any work done.  damn.  i almost want to demand my app fee back. 

looks like it's cold new england weather for me!  also out at yale over the weekend.  at least they had the decency to do it on cottony paper with nice letterhead.  they still suck though.
accepted: duke, georgetown, fordham $$, umich $$, nyu!, uchicago, uva, gw
pending: berkeley (rejected), yale (rejected), stanford, harvard, columbia (WL), upenn (WL)
lsn: logickills

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: February 23, 2009, 09:27:02 AM »

logickills-

Hey, when you get a letter sometimes it is incorrect and you feel worse.  I'm looking at you Penn.

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: February 24, 2009, 02:45:16 AM »

logickills-

Hey, when you get a letter sometimes it is incorrect and you feel worse.  I'm looking at you Penn.

Dig...did you hear about what happened at Northwestern U Kellogg B-School? They sent out several erroneous "admit" letters. All these students were making plans to move to Chicago...a few had withdrawn their other applications. All Kellogg did was refund their application fees. 

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: February 24, 2009, 06:07:51 AM »

logickills-

Dig...did you hear about what happened at Northwestern U Kellogg B-School? They sent out several erroneous "admit" letters. All these students were making plans to move to Chicago...a few had withdrawn their other applications. All Kellogg did was refund their application fees. 

OOO. Penn mistaking that I went there for undergrad is mild by comparison.

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: February 24, 2009, 09:32:28 AM »

logickills-

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: February 25, 2009, 01:59:13 AM »

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: February 26, 2009, 09:49:57 PM »

logickills-

wait, what happened? they sent you a deny letter by accident?

BarryLaine

• Sr. Citizen
  • "My aim is true..."
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: February 26, 2009, 10:18:50 PM »

Crimson:devil(red)

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: February 27, 2009, 12:52:24 PM »
Rejected at Cornell yesterday. It was a longshot, but I was hoping they would show some love to one of their own.

<------ Guess I should change this now.
Tulane Law School Class of 2012

http://lawschoolnumbers.com/crimsondevilred