Law School Discussion

REJECTED, ETC. TODAY

Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #680 on: April 30, 2008, 09:45:34 AM »
Oh, I have no doubt that it will be interesting to you for that reason, I just think it will be . . . I don't know, maybe different from your expectations.

I've had a couple of friends who were big poli sci people come down here for summer internships and stuff, and I always found their reactions to the city really funny.  I remember one friend of mine who was a huge wonk coming down here, and we actually were walking from somewhere to the GW campus and went through Embassy Row/Dupont.  And she kept looking at building placards and pointing embassies and other stuff out, and she saw one building and was like, "OMG a chapter of my thesis was about that organization!"  But it was this tiny, dinky looking rowhouse.  I think she was a bit disappointed -- like, I think after four years of analyzing a lot of these entities she expected the place to be really grandiose and Orwellian or something.

Haha that's funny - I'm not that provincial ;)

I don't have any grandiose ideas about the city - but the fact is everything is there, and I'll try and take advantage of it.  Embassies are pretty small.  It's US embassies in OTHER countries that are mansions/fortresses.

« Reply #681 on: May 01, 2008, 06:04:39 PM »
Rejected by Penn today. My cycle is finally over. Yay.

vjm

• View Profile
« Reply #682 on: May 01, 2008, 08:23:22 PM »
The SO suggested I keep transferring in mind since it would "make things easier". I explained transferring means I get to go through this exact process again, only this time it is multiple exams. And the stress would start in September again.

He quickly said "Ugh. Forget it."

sinkfloridasink- I am so sorry. Extended cycles are the devil's handiwork.

« Reply #683 on: May 01, 2008, 10:08:22 PM »
Also rejected from USC!  YAY!  I'm DONE I'm DONE!

« Reply #684 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:17 PM »
Rejected at UCLA today.  That's pretty funny.  At least it only cost my $12 for them to waste my time. 

just some guy

• WARNING: May Contain Troll or Flame-like Substance
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 15, 2008, 05:28:13 AM »
Deadspin. Grrrrr....

« Reply #686 on: May 24, 2008, 08:44:05 PM »
I went from deferred to deferred, rejected at Chicago...too bad. I am pretty set on my school though. Good Luck to everyone else.

TallisUmbras

• The Doors of Night
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 27, 2008, 07:13:23 PM »
I went from deferred to deferred, rejected at Chicago...too bad. I am pretty set on my school though. Good Luck to everyone else.

Sorry to hear that biggame. Congrats on your other choice though.

Maddie

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #688 on: May 28, 2008, 06:31:45 AM »
I was rejected yesterday to the University of Alabama after being deferred since November.  Not too upset, but it certainly took them long enough!

Samson, B.

• GPA: 3.38 LSAT: 169
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: June 16, 2008, 06:26:26 PM »
Rejected at Michigan the other day after being waitlisted a couple months back. :-\