Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 220837 times)

ChangedMan

• View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2008, 09:18:41 PM »
@ micx7

i would e-mail your recommendation writers and just ask them. say, hey i've gotten some pretty unexpected rejections...just wanted to see if you had put anything negative in the LOR. if you did it's ok...bla bla bla...i just want to know

That's not even an issue I see them on a daily basis as I work with them to organize events all the time. I've gone out for drinks with them and I'd be willing to place a large bet nothing is bad in there. It's not worth jeopardizing my relationship with them by even having the nerve to ask them in my opinion. I'm holding off to see what American/BU/Cardozo/W & M/ W & L have to say. I feel that American and Cardozo should be admits with scholarships based on criteria, BU is borderline same with the other two. If i get into any of these I'll feel a lot better.

hmm, well you could mention the rejections to them just to get an opinion. just be like yeah...i've gotten some strange rejections so far...what do you think...or something along those lines

I've kept them posted about everything... they've been very supportive urging me to stay positive and that it's just a run of bad luck. They're confident it will turn around and they're incredibly interested in how its going for me (sending e-mails on weekends checking in etc..) which is another reason which leads me to believe they'd put anything negative in.

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2008, 09:25:16 PM »
Don't think so with that. It was about overcoming a chronic illness to succeed at the highest level of NCAA competition. Got a personalized letter back from Rutgers saying what that it was a terrific and moving personal statement.

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2008, 09:25:33 PM »
i'm sure your recommendations are fine.  You have a good chance at the schools you listed, so rest easy. I think you wrote that fordham rejected you before seeing your new score, that could explain it. The other schools mason and bc are just weird this cycle, who knows what they're looking for. I'm sorry about the rejections but i'm sure one of your pending schools will make up for it.  Don't contact your recommenders, i really doubt that's the issue.

FLgirl07

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2008, 09:29:36 PM »
The process is so arbitrary.  It's very hard to predict.  The best way to approach the whole decision process is to think that if you didn't get in, that specific school isn't the right fit for you.

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2008, 09:34:20 PM »
Thanks for the words of encouragement. I realize it "only takes one" and thats been my motto so far. I would just like to start law school right away although I know that taking a year off is always a possibility although I would have to figure out what to do in terms of work/school/health insurance sort of deal. Right now thats my worst case scenario which I guess isn't all that bad.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2008, 09:58:31 PM »
Rejected at Berkeley today.  Letter sent to my permanent address for some reason...

whatever.  I wouldn't have gone there over Penn/CLS anyway.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

bride2B

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2008, 10:01:58 PM »
First Post  :D  Sad that it is on this thread tho.  I was rejected from Berkeley today with a 168 and a 3.8.  Worst of all they sent the rejection letter to my parents who live in a different state despite the fact that my home address was on all of my application forms = (

gladiator

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
    • Politics Blog
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2008, 10:02:04 PM »
Rejected at Berkeley today.  Letter sent to my permanent address for some reason...

whatever.  I wouldn't have gone there over UVA/Mich/Duke anyway.

Thanks for the template Lovebutton.

Signal

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 11, 2008, 10:04:28 PM »
Sorry to all the Berkeley rejection receivers today. It sounds like you all have great options, though!

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 11, 2008, 10:06:13 PM »
Glad I could be of service in the template provision department.

Amped - incorrect.  What the heck is ButtonLove?  LoveButton is leagues better.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN