Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 219788 times)

JeNeSaisLaw

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #80 on: February 11, 2008, 08:13:44 PM »
Rejected at BC, Fordham, George Mason and WAITLISTED AT UCONN??!?

166 and 3.8 just doesn't cut it for a white kid anymore I guess.

see also: 166 is the worst LSAT score.

sorry, man. did one of your recommenders sabotage you or something?

I don't think so I had the department chair, a professor and former teacher/longtime friend/coach all write recs. No reason for any of them to say anything bad. Great excurs including NCAA lacrosse, president of school chapter of Poli Sci national honor society as well. No red flags in the background or anything. I'm hoping it's just because of the timing of it being a December score. Personal statement was also good and in my acceptance to Rutgers I had a personalized note about it. Just doesn't seem like my year although I do have full scholarships to St. John's/Seton Hall/Miami so far.

I mean, I don't want to be a dickhead here, but something must have raised a red flag somewhere and it may be important to track that down. Those are very good numbers that should have allowed you to be admitted to one of those 4 schools...and that you were rejected from 3 of them just makes it all the more clear. If it were me, and this happened, I'd retrace my steps, figure out what's going on, and reapply. You have too good of numbers to go to SJ, SH, or Miami.
LSN
Vanderbilt Class of 2011

annarborite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 11, 2008, 08:15:51 PM »

I mean, I don't want to be a dickhead here, but something must have raised a red flag somewhere and it may be important to track that down. Those are very good numbers that should have allowed you to be admitted to one of those 4 schools...and that you were rejected from 3 of them just makes it all the more clear. If it were me, and this happened, I'd retrace my steps, figure out what's going on, and reapply. You have too good of numbers to go to SJ, SH, or Miami.
[/quote]

TITCR. 

annarborite

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 11, 2008, 08:33:29 PM »
You'd think, right? Actually, it doesn't look like much but the CU offer will allow me to graduate with only $20k in debt, if that. Combined with the fact that my husband can keep the job he loves in the state he loves, and that I'm leaning towards PD work here.. looks like CU. I would love to get Minnesota back on top of the chart, but given everything else I just can't justify uprooting us and taking on the additional $70k. We'll still go visit though, just in case the angels start singing or something the minute I walk into UMN.

[/quote]

It's funny how similar we are in terms of numbers, choices, etc.  I am still waiting to hear from CU; I hope I get a similar offer to your offer.  If so, I will have a hard decision to make, too.  Minn, W&L, U-Arizona and CU are all still in the mix for me.

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 11, 2008, 08:52:10 PM »

see also: 166 is the worst LSAT score.

sorry, man. did one of your recommenders sabotage you or something?

I don't think so I had the department chair, a professor and former teacher/longtime friend/coach all write recs. No reason for any of them to say anything bad. Great excurs including NCAA lacrosse, president of school chapter of Poli Sci national honor society as well. No red flags in the background or anything. I'm hoping it's just because of the timing of it being a December score. Personal statement was also good and in my acceptance to Rutgers I had a personalized note about it. Just doesn't seem like my year although I do have full scholarships to St. John's/Seton Hall/Miami so far.

You think so? I thought that for awhile but then I thought that if there was a red flag somewhere along the line I wouldn't be getting full tuition offers from other schools. I really don't want to have to take a year off and right now I'm considering the SJ and SH offers as I'd like to stay in NY.

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 11, 2008, 08:53:33 PM »

this scares me so much, what is up with these schools?  micx, when  did you apply i've yet to hear from either fordham or bc and i'm getting worried.

mason and bc are crazy these days but you should've gotten into fordham. did you have another LSAT score?

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 11, 2008, 08:57:47 PM »
I had a 162 in Sept and a 166 in Dec. Had all apps in Nov 1st and indicated was retaking. I'm positive there are no flags unless 1 minor speeding ticket 4 years ago counts or LSAC screwed something up. I'm also fairly certain, while I haven't seen my recommendations, that they are as good as can be. Work experience at a NYC firm as well on the resume. I just think it's the volume of apps at these schools and the time. I know its likely just a load of b.s. but all of the schools cited "record volume in applications" as the main reason for rejection of my "qualified application."

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 11, 2008, 09:00:38 PM »
are you sure LSAC sent your updated score report and it was looked at...maybe they made the decision before getting your score.

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 11, 2008, 09:05:25 PM »
are you sure LSAC sent your updated score report and it was looked at...maybe they made the decision before getting your score.

The dates on all the decision letters would indicate they did. LSAC sent out score report 1/2/08... the earliest decision was 1/18. Seemed like they waited for and went oh just a 166.. lets not even bother to waitlist. The concerning one is UConn even with a 162 I should have gotten in.

miracles86

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 11, 2008, 09:07:40 PM »
u conn could be yield protection.

ChangedMan

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 11, 2008, 09:14:04 PM »
@ micx7

i would e-mail your recommendation writers and just ask them. say, hey i've gotten some pretty unexpected rejections...just wanted to see if you had put anything negative in the LOR. if you did it's ok...bla bla bla...i just want to know

That's not even an issue I see them on a daily basis as I work with them to organize events all the time. I've gone out for drinks with them and I'd be willing to place a large bet nothing is bad in there. It's not worth jeopardizing my relationship with them by even having the nerve to ask them in my opinion. I'm holding off to see what American/BU/Cardozo/W & M/ W & L have to say. I feel that American and Cardozo should be admits with scholarships based on criteria, BU is borderline same with the other two. If i get into any of these I'll feel a lot better.