Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 213201 times)

Fountainhead

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2008, 12:32:08 PM »
All of my rejections sound like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=K-4LW09UZpY

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2008, 01:10:26 PM »
thanks saradsun and jdxf, and everyone else for commiserating. im doing better today, but hoping that the stanford rejection doesn't make its way into my mailbox today. that would probably stifle the recovery process...

this may sound silly, but i think one of the hardest part of being rejected is telling people. i feel like there's a group of people who don't really understand the law school admission processthink since i'm "smart" that i would obviously get into harvard, yale, etc. i really don't look forward to explaining to those people that i've been rejected. sigh.

oh gosh, if i get another one today, i'll be slightly depressed.

the worst part for me is telling people, too, but only because they sound genuinely sorry.  GUYS.  I had like a 4% CHANCE OF ADMISSION.  I EXPECTED this.  ugh.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2008, 01:20:54 PM »
thanks saradsun and jdxf, and everyone else for commiserating. im doing better today, but hoping that the stanford rejection doesn't make its way into my mailbox today. that would probably stifle the recovery process...

this may sound silly, but i think one of the hardest part of being rejected is telling people. i feel like there's a group of people who don't really understand the law school admission processthink since i'm "smart" that i would obviously get into harvard, yale, etc. i really don't look forward to explaining to those people that i've been rejected. sigh.

This is EXACTLY why I told my parents that I didn't bother applying to HLS and SLS.  The inevitable conversation would have been much too hard to bear.

I was talking to the girl who gave me a haircut last week, and this is how out conversation went:

Girl: "So, are you graduating"
Me: "Yup, can't believe it. it's gone so fast"
G: "What are you doing when you leave here?"
Me: "Well, I'm going to be going to law school."
G: "Oh, where do you want to go?"
Me: "I'd love to be at upenn or berkeley next fall."
G: "Why don't you apply to a really good school like harvard?  I kinda thought you were smart"

AS SHE CUTS MY HAIR!
Wallace Stevens: "BLAHHHH you and I are like the same person."

figther of the night man

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
Rejected at Penn, but somehow receiving the waitlist letter from Columbia made it all better!! Is it just me but whenever I see the envelope from a certain school it all sort of makes sense, no matter thick of thin, maybe I'm just reassuring myself--but the schools I've been rejected at were places I only applied because of their rankings and its like this totally sucks, but you made the right move?
champion of the sun (in): cornell, ut-austin ($$)
master of karate and friendship (wl): northwestern, columbia
ohhh-i-oh (out): michigan, upenn
day man (pending): stanford, harvard, duke, uva, usc, georgetown

Go Bears!

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2008, 03:04:41 PM »
Rejected at Yale today via snail mail.  I guess I knew it was coming but that first rejections is kinda rough...Hoping its not topped off with a Stanford, columbia, or NYU rejection in the next couple of days...

Bob Vance, Vance Refrigeration

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2008, 04:17:34 PM »

This is EXACTLY why I told my parents that I didn't bother applying to HLS and SLS.  The inevitable conversation would have been much too hard to bear.

I was talking to the girl who gave me a haircut last week, and this is how out conversation went:

Girl: "So, are you graduating"
Me: "Yup, can't believe it. it's gone so fast"
G: "What are you doing when you leave here?"
Me: "Well, I'm going to be going to law school."
G: "Oh, where do you want to go?"
Me: "I'd love to be at upenn or berkeley next fall."
G: "Why don't you apply to a really good school like harvard?  I kinda thought you were smart"

AS SHE CUTS MY HAIR!

did you slap her and be like...ARE YOU RETARDED?!?

She had scissors in her hand and held my precious locks between her fingers.  i practiced self-restraint. haha
Wallace Stevens: "BLAHHHH you and I are like the same person."

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2008, 04:51:44 PM »
Just got wait-listed by Fordham.  Kind of surprising, since I thought they rejected me in December. Aye, Fordham  ::)

TrumpWho??

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2008, 05:00:49 PM »
Just got wait-listed by Fordham.  Kind of surprising, since I thought they rejected me in December. Aye, Fordham  ::)

Did they rescind their rejection?

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2008, 05:03:34 PM »

Did they rescind their rejection?

No.  I figured that I was rejected, because when Fordham started offering admissions in December my status checker changed to "Decision: Denied," and I never received anything in writing from them, so I just assumed I was rejected.

Ilovecheese

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2008, 06:11:49 PM »
Sorry cheese. How'd they let you know? Are you going to stay on it?

I got a letter.  It might even be a deferral.. Fordham is really confusing.  I'm not sure if I'm gonna stay on it just yet.

We have basically the same numbers.  You were accepted at BC and waitlisted at Fordham, and I got the opposite.  How frustrating is this?

It's is very frustrating.  Schools are so neurotic with decisions this cycle.