Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 221382 times)

gjrmf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2008, 08:50:30 PM »
sorry bout HLS, guys.  there was some discussion earlier about whether it would actually be better to get a rejection on paper...i sort of prefer the email version.

True, I was able to delete the e-mail along with all other e-mail correspondence from them, permanently delete all the e-mail in my trash can, and then pretend I never even applied (until now).   But shredding a rejection letter would have been fun as well.

I am going to shut up now because I am starting to sound mildly insane.

oh when i was in high school i applied to like fourteen schools (same deal, i was a huge splitter in HS)
and was rejected from eleven
i taped up each rejection on my locker, and it was very popular wall of shame, including rejections from BC, Tufts, Rice, Michigan...

but that was okay, because i had already been accepted at Penn.

i think i'm going to enjoy that USC and vandy rejection about now.
3.1/170 at a T10. Have faith.

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2008, 09:46:14 PM »
They should totally mention that in the email:

"Although we have decided not to admit you to our incoming class, we believe that the tree we have saved by emailing this decision to you rather than mailing it should serve as consolation"

lol
i came home to see a while envelop from Yale. rejection of course. trust me, i would rather know it from email. now knowing that my roommates all knew i got this thin envelope without announcing any big news just made me more miserable.
not decided...

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2008, 09:49:12 PM »
It was a little too shocking to receive it via email.  You see jdadmissions@hls.edu and get all excited and then open it to find the rejection.  At least when it's paper, you sort of know it's coming.

this is true.
since i never got a phone call or anything from Yale
this thin envelope that came in today had "rejection" all over it.
not decided...

michigander

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 08, 2008, 10:16:47 PM »
this thread makes me so sad. i just got a harvard and yale rejection in one day, one mail one email. that meant i got rejected at work, and then rejected when i went home. have to be honest, that was pretty harsh, even with realistic expectations.

jdxf

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 08, 2008, 10:22:18 PM »
this thread makes me so sad. i just got a harvard and yale rejection in one day, one mail one email. that meant i got rejected at work, and then rejected when i went home. have to be honest, that was pretty harsh, even with realistic expectations.

hug...
same here
i hate to admit but i cried over the Yale rejection. although i've never really got my hopes up...i just feel so miserable now.
i m listening to this over and over and it does not help
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KTLR3zHxnr8
i can't make you love me if you don't
not decided...

Ding me I dare ya!

• Sr. Citizen
  • Yatta!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 09, 2008, 12:55:05 AM »
I got rejected from Northwestern a few weeks back. It's not like I had high hopes for getting in but I jumped through all their little hoops and even did an interview so yea I cared.

Must say probably the worst way to get a rejection. First you're informed of a decision by email and then you go the status check for your PDF letter.  It's like a torturous scavenger hunt :-\

You get excited about the email ;D
but then you panic as the status check page loads on your computer and you do a quick check of LSN to see what the decision might possibly be :o  ??? :o
and the you see the single paragraph telling you aren't worthy  :'(

such is life

but I must say I'm starting to hate deferrals more... FOR THE LOVE OF GOD JUST TELL MEEE!!

Matthew

• Sr. Citizen
  • Formerly known as /\_-=-M-=-_/\
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 09, 2008, 05:38:31 AM »
I just saw this thread, so the update for the week is deferred at Harvard and Chicago, waitlisted at Columbia.  Crappy week.
Cycle finally finished!

170/3.82
Accepted: Michigan($$), UCLA, Virginia($$), Duke($$), Georgetown, Vanderbilt($$$), Notre Dame($$$), William & Mary($$$)
Deferred: Northwestern
Waitlisted: Penn ($$)
Rejected: Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Columbia, NYU, Chicago

JMFM2011

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 09, 2008, 09:34:38 AM »
Yep, me too.

Rejected @ Stanford a few days ago and Harvard via email yesterday.  I am fine with both of them since I have already kind of made peace with the cycle and am ready to make a real decision.  I'll be glad when those last 3 decisions make it my way...

saradsun

• Sr. Citizen
  • Off to Cali
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2008, 10:27:12 AM »

This just sucks michigander. I've been thinking about your post ever since I read it last night. I hope you've recovered today.

michigander

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2008, 12:26:15 PM »
thanks saradsun and jdxf, and everyone else for commiserating. im doing better today, but hoping that the stanford rejection doesn't make its way into my mailbox today. that would probably stifle the recovery process...

this may sound silly, but i think one of the hardest part of being rejected is telling people. i feel like there's a group of people who don't really understand the law school admission processthink since i'm "smart" that i would obviously get into harvard, yale, etc. i really don't look forward to explaining to those people that i've been rejected. sigh.