Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 219659 times)

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2008, 03:16:04 PM »
sorry bout HLS, guys.  there was some discussion earlier about whether it would actually be better to get a rejection on paper...i sort of prefer the email version.

Good for the environment, too!

without email rejections, Lulz's avatar ceases to exist.
* Columbia Law, Class of 2011 *

LSN

Rhymenoceros

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2008, 03:21:49 PM »
Nothing made me feel better about the paper-iness of Yale's rejection in my mailbox today.

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2008, 03:40:16 PM »
Nothing made me feel better about the paper-iness of Yale's rejection in my mailbox today.

oh, something to look forward to when i get home!

LSN

indyguy7484

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2008, 03:47:31 PM »
I like paper decisions, personally, although I do appreciate the speed of email rejections.  There was something about being able to hold my Columbia waitlist in my hands that made it more real and easier to get over.  I think an email seems too trivial for something most applicants take very seriously, especially a decision like a rejection.

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2008, 03:49:31 PM »
It was a little too shocking to receive it via email.  You see jdadmissions@hls.edu and get all excited and then open it to find the rejection.  At least when it's paper, you sort of know it's coming.

michigander

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2008, 03:51:56 PM »
More than that, it was the format of the Harvard email. Like after all the hours I put into my app, they couldn't take the one minute to standardize the font? Come on...

LegallyAccepted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2008, 04:14:20 PM »
It was a little too shocking to receive it via email.  You see jdadmissions@hls.edu and get all excited and then open it to find the rejection.  At least when it's paper, you sort of know it's coming.

What does the subject line say?
You never know unless you try!

In: Mercer(W), Tulane (90K), WUSTL($), Loyola New Orleans (W) (99K), DePaul (W) (45K), LSU (W) (60K)(non-resident), Georgia State (W) (non-resident)
Waitlisted: Emory (W), UT (W), Vandy (W)
Rejected: Harvard

TULANE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!!

Slumdog Lovebutton

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2008, 04:22:33 PM »

It says:

Sincerely, Harvard.

(PS: That's a South Park reference, not hate speech!!!)

LSN

etmerian

• Sr. Citizen
  • UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2008, 04:23:24 PM »

I believe it was something along the lines of "Application Decision", but no reference to what the decision actually was.

LegallyAccepted

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2008, 04:25:28 PM »

I believe it was something along the lines of "Application Decision", but no reference to what the decision actually was.

Just curious... All of you all who received rejections recently, how long were your applications in review?  Was it the full two months?  This is becoming a bit unbearable...
You never know unless you try!

In: Mercer(W), Tulane (90K), WUSTL($), Loyola New Orleans (W) (99K), DePaul (W) (45K), LSU (W) (60K)(non-resident), Georgia State (W) (non-resident)
Waitlisted: Emory (W), UT (W), Vandy (W)
Rejected: Harvard

TULANE LAW CLASS OF 2011!!!