Law School Discussion

Nine Years of Discussion
;

Author Topic: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY  (Read 219045 times)

Pardon Johnny Cash.

• Global Moderator
  • LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #880 on: February 20, 2009, 05:36:34 PM »
tc, Duke seems to care about about GPA - more than most of its peer institutions, so this was somewhat promising opposed to your other shocking dings.

Is there something about your application that you haven't shared which explains why we all feel badly for you?

Perhaps.  I plan on being more forthright upon the completion of my cycle since I do have some very usual aspects about my app.

I think we may need a thread for everyone to discuss their most unique soft factors (negative and positive) along with an analysis regarding how much they helped or hurt you.

'blueskies

• LSD Obsessed
  • your changing skyline is twisting me up inside
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: February 20, 2009, 07:00:13 PM »
I think that is a wonderful idea
awkward follows you like a beer chasing a shot of tequila.

Jamie Stringer

• LSD Obsessed
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: February 21, 2009, 03:51:23 PM »
Rejected at Yale.  My first ding.  I'm glad it was a special one ;)
Quote from: Tim Mitchell

F*cking bi+ch drinks a 1 oz bottle of goose and thinks she's French

TTom

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: February 21, 2009, 05:25:01 PM »
Waitlisted at Duke, really I'm kind of surprised about it.  Was expecting a rejection.

tcwhat,

I saw your lsn profile. What did you get arrested for?

tcwhat

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: February 21, 2009, 06:02:14 PM »

I think we may need a thread for everyone to discuss their most unique soft factors (negative and positive) along with an analysis regarding how much they helped or hurt you.

That actually would be quite useful I imagine.

Waitlisted at Duke, really I'm kind of surprised about it.  Was expecting a rejection.

tcwhat,

I saw your lsn profile. What did you get arrested for?

Which time?

zippyandzap

• Sr. Citizen
  • Clint Dempsey FTW
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: February 21, 2009, 06:05:45 PM »
held at CLS

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: February 22, 2009, 01:14:28 AM »

Congratulations?

That succinctly articulates my general feeling. 

"Wow I got waitlisted, totally wasn't expecting it at Duke.  This is great."

And then,

"Well crap, it's another waitlist that I'll stick on and probably not get off of. And it makes my decision no easier still."

In a way, it makes no sense, does it? You can get rejected at, say, WUSTL or UConn, then get waitlisted at Duke or get into Berkeley...then you get a rejection from a "safe school" like Tulane or Cardozo...or even worse, Santa Clara or somewhere.

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: February 22, 2009, 05:47:47 PM »
out at berkeley via status checker, quite possibly the worst means of notification.  i feel dirty and cheap.

logickills-

i can't even begin to explain HOW MUCH i agree with you.  i was rejected earlier this month (after having gone to committee review only..like..literally 3 weeks before), and the fast-turnaround + online-rejection-I'm-not-even-worth-an-email-or-letterhead?! really put me in the dumps for a few days.  i didnt get any work done.  damn.  i almost want to demand my app fee back. 

no love from the west coast....

LawDog3

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: February 22, 2009, 08:28:19 PM »
out at berkeley via status checker, quite possibly the worst means of notification.  i feel dirty and cheap.

logickills-

i can't even begin to explain HOW MUCH i agree with you.  i was rejected earlier this month (after having gone to committee review only..like..literally 3 weeks before), and the fast-turnaround + online-rejection-I'm-not-even-worth-an-email-or-letterhead?! really put me in the dumps for a few days.  i didnt get any work done.  damn.  i almost want to demand my app fee back. 

Why did they do that? I got a letter in the mail. How do these schools decide who they're going to deny and how they're going to deny them? I interned in undergrad admissions after I graduated...I want to do the same in law school. I am so curious about it. 

rush the rushdie

• Sr. Citizen
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: February 22, 2009, 08:33:37 PM »

logickills-

Why did they do that? I got a letter in the mail. How do these schools decide who they're going to deny and how they're going to deny them? I interned in undergrad admissions after I graduated...I want to do the same in law school. I am so curious about it. 

sigh, who knows.  i have a question, though, since u've been backstage with an UG admissions office: ARE THEY REALLY *THAT* BUSY?

i mean...i know they're busy.  but...on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being Barack Obama on the campaign trail.