Law School Discussion

REJECTED, ETC. TODAY

Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2008, 09:23:02 AM »
ha ha true dat- I do have a bunch of places pending... this is the first response I've received so I just didn't know if it was totally forbidden to call admissions offices to ask for an explanation the decision.

omg, pleaes don't.

« Reply #321 on: March 06, 2008, 09:27:33 AM »
ha ha true dat- I do have a bunch of places pending... this is the first response I've received so I just didn't know if it was totally forbidden to call admissions offices to ask for an explanation the decision.

omg, pleaes don't.

I don't know why you're consistently so opposed to doing this.  The OP received a legitimately weird decision given his/her numbers, which would indicate a possibly huge problem with the application package.  He/she has a lot of other applications pending, so it would make sense to try and take care of that problem at other schools.  Furthermore, what difference does it make now?  If it's just an issue of pride or courtesy towards admissions staff, I think that's BS.  Who cares what they think of you once they've rejected you?

my deadly sin is pride.  take everything I say on the calling about/appealing rejections with that knowledge and a large grain of salt.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: March 06, 2008, 10:49:49 AM »
I called the admissions office- Just let y'all know, you should definitely call if anything like this happens to you. Apparently it was an error and no decision has been made. Very odd. What a relief

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: March 06, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »
I called the admissions office- Just let y'all know, you should definitely call if anything like this happens to you. Apparently it was an error and no decision has been made. Very odd. What a relief

Wow.  Maybe I should call.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:00 AM »
Yes sir- you do win dischord- I can't thank you enough. I never would have called if you hadn't encouraged it. You are awesome

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: March 06, 2008, 10:52:47 AM »
where is love button now?

« Reply #326 on: March 06, 2008, 10:57:38 AM »
And the flood of calls to the admissions office will now begin!

« Reply #327 on: March 06, 2008, 11:28:05 AM »
where is love button now?

lol, i'm right here.

i'm glad it was an error, but i'm pretty sure you would have been getting an acceptance letter regardless of your call.  no decision was CHANGED, but your situation was clarified.

anyway, i'm obviously just trying to save my own position.  clearly, it paid off that you called in this situation...but I still maintain it's not a good course of action for everyone.

OOC, are you seriously considering attending if you are accepted?

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: March 06, 2008, 11:39:26 AM »

Wow.  Maybe I should call.

Who would you call?

Emory - although it's probably my GPA that did me in.  I just thought that my LSAT was high enough to compensate for them.  I was wrong  :-[

« Reply #329 on: March 06, 2008, 02:50:34 PM »
Waitlisted at American today.  I was withdrawing anyway as DC isn't for me, but it still stings a bit...doesn't bode well for Indy-Bloomington :(