« Reply #310 on: March 06, 2008, 07:18:43 AM »
Dinged at Baylor (166 and 3.4)- to say the least, I'm a little confused by this

Welcome to the Confused Reject Club.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
Re: REJECTED, ETC. TODAY
« Reply #311 on: March 06, 2008, 07:25:12 AM »
On LSN Baylor's rejection averages are a 3.2 and a 149, and the highest LSAT score listed for rejects is a 159. Even their acceptance averages are a 3.6 and 163. I wish I knew why...

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 06, 2008, 07:26:06 AM »
On LSN Baylor's rejection averages are a 3.2 and a 149, and the highest LSAT score listed for rejects is a 159. Even their acceptance averages are a 3.6 and 163. I wish I knew why...

I've been trying to build up the courage to call Emory and ask.  More out of curiosity and shock than anything else.

« Reply #313 on: March 06, 2008, 07:29:54 AM »
Dinged at Berkeley.

Apparently, the letter went to my permanent address on Saturday.  My parents just got around to telling me last night. 

We have a communication problem.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 06, 2008, 07:37:16 AM »
Do I have anything to lose by calling them?

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: March 06, 2008, 07:42:08 AM »
ha ha true dat- I do have a bunch of places pending... this is the first response I've received so I just didn't know if it was totally forbidden to call admissions offices to ask for an explanation the decision.

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: March 06, 2008, 07:49:54 AM »
ha ha true dat- I do have a bunch of places pending... this is the first response I've received so I just didn't know if it was totally forbidden to call admissions offices to ask for an explanation the decision.

Who's going to forbid it?  They rejected you, they no longer have any power over you, and you don't owe them crap.  All they can do is be assholes and refuse to engage you.

Hehe you're the revolutionary "Stand up to The Man" leader of LSD.

etmerian

• UM '11
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: March 06, 2008, 07:56:56 AM »

Who's going to forbid it?  They rejected you, they no longer have any power over you, and you don't owe them crap.  All they can do is be assholes and refuse to engage you.

Hehe you're the revolutionary "Stand up to The Man" leader of LSDof everything.

Fixed.

:D

« Reply #318 on: March 06, 2008, 08:00:10 AM »
I'd wait until June to ask.  They are likely not going to respond to you now because they are so busy.  However, I've read the during the summers admissions offices are very willing to talk with rejected applicants and explain why they made their decisions.

AmericasTeam

• Getcha Popcorn Ready
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2008, 08:21:46 AM »
Well that would defeat the purpose of my inquiry- to find out if anything was terribly wrong with my application since I have 10 pending decisions... so that won't do me any good. I need to know now. I think I will call soon.